• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hook Fix

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dabbled with this last year and was at the range today at lunchtime and it came back to me.

I sometimes suffer from a hook. When I break it down and analyse it it seems to stem from me not transferring my weight at impact. So at impact my weight is still on my right side and I end up flipping my arms and wrists over and it leads to a hook. Nasty! I narrowed it down to having my weight on my right foot heel.

But if you raise your right heel a fraction off the ground at address (talking mm here) and swing keeping it fractionally off the ground, the hook disappears. You still get some of the weight transfer going back, but it is almost impossible to not transfer it all back.

It's not a long term fix I know, but give it a try. I've had startling results today with it.

I just aim to the left, open the clubface and turn through the shot. Hooks occur when the hips and shoulders slow down.

Yeah I wish you had a tip for slicing the damn ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520