• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do you measure distance/Get a coach (hehe, 2 in 1 thread)

atom

Reaction score
From my previous thread, i mentioned i can only reach 125 yards for 7-iron, recently, i changed by swing (after realizing my right elbow was too high).. i am still working on it but i see the only improvement (after 1 range session) was:

still 125 yards, but with a rolling till 150 yards after it lands, and quite constantly... does it mean my 7 iron distance is 150 yards in our terms?, or we do not consider +rolling?

anyway, i am very amazed as after playing for a year plus, i got this kind of land and roll mid iron shot... changing here and there... it is necessary to get a coaching lessons i would advise people just take up less than half a year and think you need not have one..... I have been realizing my mistakes every now and then through books and magazines... that's not going to work, waste of time...

Start investing an instructor.

Measure distance

1. If you want to run the ball up onto a green that's 150 yards away, you include the roll.
2. If you want to clear a water hazard, you measure flight only.
3. If you want to post your distances on an internet forum, you claim to have a 6 handicap and hit a 9 iron 180 yards. :)

I'm sure everyone on here when inflating their e-peen talks about roll too, myself included. :D

However, just know both numbers for when Wirehair says...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301