• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Much For You?

$250,000 tax free. Pay off my house, & take it easy while riding my motorcycles or the boat.

about 50 million after taxes and then I can just buy me a 200 ft yacht and fish and then sometimes go out and fish.

That's the bitch of this question. If I had lots of money I would definitely want to play lots more golf.
That is why I doubt I would put a price on it. The more time I had on my hands, the more I would be miserable on not being able to golf. To me this is honestly a question of what price I would put on happiness. Not worth it to me.

great question...

I always said it would take 5 mil to make me quit my job, so I think I'll stick with that number. I'd find lots to do travel wise etc to keep busy. I'd miss it, but there are so many other things that I know nothing about... art, photography for example. I spend a lot of time underwater also I think :D

Enough so I wouldnt have to work or worry about money ever again and I would be shopping for a good tennis racket faster than you could say could jack handy.

He got offered money to retire, not to stay away from football forever.

Excellent question Jeff. Made me realize how much golf defines me.

Enough so that I am completely financially secure. Would be hoing fishing stuff like there's no tomorrow.

1.7 million after taxes. That'd give me $200,000 a year to do whatever I wanted until well after I'm destined to die.

Excellent question Jeff. Made me realize how much golf defines me.

Thats the problem. I've done tennis, fishing, and some other similar "old man" sports. Honestly, none are like golf for me.

It would all depend on how my last round had gone. If someone had come up to me today after I'd shot 98 I would have quit and given them my clubs for 25 bucks. :laugh: But under normal circumstances I have to agree with some of the others. if I had plenty of money and didn't have to work anymore, it would just make me want to play that much more golf. :confused:

I guess none of you considered the part that no one is gonna watch over you and not allow you to play. So once you get the money you move cross country and buy new clubs.

I really dont know if I could. As bad as im playing, its just such a huge part of my life and my time that I wouldnt know what else to do.

Maybe like 50 mil? Then go back into hockey and lacrosse, maybe try taking up tennis, its always looked fun to me.

No amount, dead serious. I wouldn't give it up no matter how much you paid me. I'd never have sex again before I'd give up golf.

Just get married, that will take care of the sex part after the first year or so. :laugh:

I could be had cheap to give up golf. I love the game and the equipment, but have gone periods of years without golfing over my lifetime so I know I can exist without it.

No amount, dead serious. I wouldn't give it up no matter how much you paid me. I'd never have sex again before I'd give up golf.

:eek:

Damn.

You must either be really good at golf, or really bad at . . .

Umm. Nevermind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427