• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Canadriver (et al), I probably should have thrown a "welcome!" in there as well, so "welcome!"

And Stormin...re Whistler - I live in Coquitlam (suburb of Vancouver) so might be able to shed a bit of light. Although, I've only played in Whistler once...but still.

How long do you plan on coming for? How many courses do you want to play? When do you plan on coming? Feel free to PM me and I'll help if I can. (I don't 'do' golf packages or anything, but I might be able to help you make some specific decisions...including where to go to pick up cougars at night!)

Awww right... Since I peek in here every now & again, I'll introduce myself tho I'm sure more than a few people who are forum regulars here know of my many antics. I'm 41, been playing golf since about 25 and my index range from a low of 13 to about an 18. I have no talent for this game but I've been hooked for awhile so I guess I'll stick to it. I'm from Long Beach, CA aka "the LBC" to the rap world... and hence my screen name.

I do my primary cyber-squatting at Doublegolf, where I'm known as the biggest perv of the group, next to the site owner. We have alot of fun over there so if you got a little thick skin and don't mind mixing it up with the guys you're welcome to take a peek.

My bag in it's latest iteration looks like this:
Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.5 deg with Fujikura Speeder 652 R Flex 45.5 inch
3W: Sonartec Driving Cavity 14 deg w/ Fujikura Tour Platform stiff flex
Hybrid: Cleveland HALO 19 deg stock stiff graphite shaft
4-PW: Mizuno MP-32 TTDG R300
GW/SW: Mizuno MP Series 52/56 deg Rifle Spinner 5.5
LW: Cally Forged 60 deg
Putter: Scotty Red-X 33 inch
Ball: Cally HX Red

Here's me trying to be buddies with this guy to see if he'll throw in a nice cover for that club I'm holding but the bastard wouldn't budge. Any guesses who he is?
ahome.earthlink.net__shipmate86_sitebuildercontent_sitebuilderpictures_whodat.jpg

Anyhoo... other than golf I like to ride my bike alot to stay in shape and travel to all corners of the world when I can get away from the office. I'm a commercial banker by trade.

Oh yeah. Seeng as though my alma mater is on a run of epic proportions atop the college football world for the last 2 or 3 years, you can imagine that I'm either in front of the TV or at the LA Memorial Coliseum most Saturdays in the fall.

Cheers!

LBC:

Thanks for the post and for visiting...I am baffled as to who the fellow in the photo is...

The Trojans need to give the rest of us a break...a little competition always makes it more fun.

I think the Longhorns will give them more of a run for the money that OU did though...

I'm gonna guess Mr. Cameron, himself.

Silver said:
I'm gonna guess Mr. Cameron, himself.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Somebody give the man a sleeve of ProV1s.

LBCGolf said:
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Somebody give the man a sleeve of ProV1s.

Listen to this man, LBC is very wise.

Please..?

Introducing myself...

My name is Jake. I'm 14 years old. I'm from Rochester NY. My home course is Webster Golf Club. I'd golfed a few times before, but i really picked up the sport this summer. I play a full set of Acuity clubs. I'd tell you my handicap but i don't have one. I shoot mid 40's thru 9, compared to a high 60's at the beginning of the summer. I'll be trying out for my highschool's Varsity golf team this spring. What can i say? I'm addicted to golf.

My name is Ron and from GA and a nubbe to Golf, Been playing for about 6 months and I am addicted and hooked... Started out with some Callaway knock off ( Peacocks) but got my new Ping G5's last week... I and at the driving range a few tames a week and try to play a round week...

Hey Everybody, I am from New Brunswick Canada.
Just wanted to say what's up?

:canadafla

hello everyone,

I'm Brian, I'm 15 years old and I live in a suburb of chicago, named Cary. I'm a sophomore in high school, loving every minute of it. I'm the number two player on the varsity golf team at Cary Grove High School, and I carry about a 2 handicap, but it would be a lot lower if i could just putt the ball in the stupid hole. My home course is Foxford Hills Golf Club, a nice track that's pretty unknown.

In the bag i've got (i'll get some pictures up eventually)

Titleist 905T 9.5* with Graffaloy Stiff Shaft
Titleist 904F 15* with YS-6 shaft
Ping S59s, 2-Pw, true temper DG
Cleveland CG10 54*, stock shaft
Cleveland 900 Gunmetal 60*, stock shaft
and my baby, a Tommy Armour 845 custom milled putter, built right in front of me by designer Todd Sones (also my teacher) himself.

My other interests include playing tennis and basketball, and I am involved in the music program too.

That's about it.

Hello all
great site been reading for weeks and finally signed up to post.
48yrs old and and if my game stays the same and I live another 35 years might shoot my age :)
NE georgia here (around athens) and get in about three rounds a week average (more in the summer less in winter). usually shoot in the high 80's but have been known to approach triple digits.
I play from the wrong side of the ball (lefty) and have stuck with a set of Pinseeker clubs i got 15 years ago. told myself i could get a new set of sticks when i broke 84 which i did this past summer (was getting it together in mid summer and had quite a few 80 and 81, 82's and even a fluke 74) but after getting in the groove didn't want to goof up by changing.
anyway, hello all and peace

Introduction

Hello everyone.

My name is Todd and I live in Kansas City. I am 22 years old and am currently going to school for Horticulture and Golf Turf Management. I plan to one day become a Superintendant of a Golf Course. I love to play the game and think it truly is one of the best around. I have been playing for about 6 years now competatively and about 8 years total. I still have a lot of work to do on my game, but play with a lot of determination.

My home course and current place of employment is The Nation Golf Club of Kansas City, a Tom Watson design. It's a beautiful course that gives me all sorts of trouble on most days. My average is about 85 on this beautiful par 74 course.

Just thought I'd take the time to introduce myself and look forward to chatting with all of you. And maybe hear about some of the courses you play.

Todd:smilie_tm

Hi guys!!
My name's Osian, i'm 15 and im from Wales. My friends call me Osh the Power (so u may too!) because of my huge drives. avaragin about 300yds.
I've been playing for about 2 years, and ive lowerd my handicap to 5, pretty chuffed!

I'm sure will enjoy this forum! Cheers!

Hello from Boise Idaho. I used to golf regularly. However, since having kids I have not found the time. Until now. My oldest son is 7 and has taken up a love of golf. Therefore, I have been awarded the opportunity to hit the course more often. Right now I am in the market for a new set of clubs, and since reading recomendations here, my choices keep expanding. So far I have hit about 20 different irons and I have narrowed my choices to 3 sets. Adams Idea, Mizuno MX-17 (Never thought about these until I started reading here) and Calloway Big Berthas.

I will have more questions I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781