• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Iron Questions

PMay

Reaction score
I am looking into buying a new set of irons. I am wanting to buy a good set for somewhere around 100 to 150. If you guys know of any please let me know what they are and where to get them from.

good irons for that cheap lol right. better start shopping used on ebay

Then again, I could set you up with a decent set of Hogan edge CFT's for about 135 shipped.
Mixed of some new in plastic/some used (by me), all from a new complete set.

PMay, what kind of irons are you using now?

Nikonut's offer on the Hogan Edge CFT is a great deal. I have a set of these in graphite that are my current gamers. I have gine through 6 sets of irons trying to find a set I hit better.

I have a good used set of steel shafted Mizuno MX-11 irons that I have spined and regripped, that are for sale for $100. Great, durable, easy to hit game improvement irons.

Generally, if you want NEW (as in never been hit) irons, $150 will only get you a set of "store" brand irons, like Walter Hagens, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Or a friend could build you a set of decent component irons for that.

If you simply want "new to you" irons, i.e. a set of good used pro-line irons, then we need to know the usual: muscleback or cavity back, steel or graphite shaft, 5 iron swing speed or carry distance, your wrist to floor measurement, and generally your prefernces as to how you want the irons to look and play. And also, the desired set makeup, as these days some folks want the 3, 4, and maybe 5 irons to be hybrids.

freegolfinfo.com
tonnes of component stuff dirt cheap
otherwise id take a look at this site, sometimes you come across decent sets of irons cheap
id suggest looking for some ta2's

Acer makes components that can be had for $25ish per club so a set of P-5 would be only $150 new unless you upgrade specs.

Sry guys im still kinda new to the game what is a component club and Nikonut i might be interested.

Just saw some adams insight xtd's from dick's what do you guys think about them

Component(s) are just the Heads...
Like Snake Eyes, and Viper. You can view those on Golfsmith website.
Some of those heads have tempted me greatly....but just dont want them as much as I like looking for the magic driver.. :)

Sry guys im still kinda new to the game what is a component club and Nikonut i might be interested.
Sorry for the techno babble. Component golf clubs are clubs that are generally sold as individual components instead of as a finished club. With the major golf company names, they only sell "one size fits all" clubs. You can choose flex and, on a driver, degree of loft. Otherwise, you generally buy them off the rack as one size fits all. Whereas with components, you choose a lot more about how your club is assembled such as which shaft, which grip, which grip size, shaft length, lie, etc. Many components are sold cheaper than name brand clubs and you can buy components assembled (though club builders buy components separately and build their own). Hireko, Golfsmith, and Golfworks are popular primary retailers of component clubs on the cheap though there are some very expensive component clubs out there that rival the name brands. Generally though, the less expensive component companies sell equal quality to the name brand at a much better price with some customization options depending upon individual need.

I am looking into buying a new set of irons. I am wanting to buy a good set for somewhere around 100 to 150. If you guys know of any please let me know what they are and where to get them from.
your price seems a little low ,in fact ,the real irons with good quality won't so cheap .compare to other website ,there is an online golf store >>>>link deleted<<<< is more cheaper than others . wish you good luck !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520