• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irons...

UPS says the irons have been delivered(hopefully in one piece...lol)!!!!

I think i'm getting sick....*cough cough*

I hope they are in 8 pieces, otherwise they got welded together. :) Let me know after you have had a chance to swing them.

Swung those beautiful things this morning! Hit the heated driving range.

I really like them. Fantastic ball flight, I've never had balls that would rise as they went out off the irons, my other ones just hit them so high off the face they didn't do it(or at least it wasn't noticeable).

Shafts are fantastic. Lie and length felt great(i assume they're standard).

Shots on the screws were like butter, great feel even for hard range balls. Off center shots let you know, bad shots stung, which is exactly what I need. Definitely more difficult to hit than my old irons, but my normal swing was putting a nice slight draw on the ball and I was hitting a couple fades with the 5 and 6i's. Still trying to knock the rust off, but was swinging pretty good.

Why was that 3I so pristine? lol, I hit about 6 balls with it today. The last two I hit pure and it felt great. A little lower than trajectory than optimal, but its something i can keep out of the wind off the tee if needed. Hard to tell exactly where they were landing because of the snow, but i'm fairly sure it landed just past the 200 marker. Should roll pretty good with the low trajectory. 8I's were dropping on the 150 marker. Pitching wedge was dropping about 125-130 which is great, because my 52º lands about 110-115 and my 56º is my 100yd club. I have a couple video's of me hitting the 5i, i'll try to get them up tonight when i get home. Couple more with the driver.

Stunk it up bad with the driver...really bad. Of course, I never do well off the plastic tee's. They're always either too tall, or too short. First one was too tall and kept ballooning them hitting them WAY high off the face. Put the other one in and I couldn't get the ball up in the air. Just bad all around, need to put in more work there. Hit maybe 1 real nice long bomb with it today...that's usually my confidence club at the range...no such luck today.

I actually hit that damn 3w of mine the best I've ever hit it. I think i try to hit it too hard on the course to get it up in the air. I took just a nice easy swing on it and it was by far the best shot I've ever had with that particular club. Hit 3 more just like it, I was amazed. It was snowing pretty hard at that point, so i couldn't see where they were landing, but the trajectory was fantastic and dead straight.

So, let me talk to the wife and figure out how she wants me to pay you. I should be able to get it out today.

Thanks Doc!

I thought that with your swing speed, those shafts would work, and they are nice looking sticks. Take your time, I'm in no hurry.

I thought that with your swing speed, those shafts would work, and they are nice looking sticks. Take your time, I'm in no hurry.

They are very smooth. I'll bet they are a good part of the reason my trajectory is so much better with these irons.

Looked at the Titleist CB and MB 712s at Golfsmiths the other day. Damn sexy.

Definitely try to hit those...time for a trip to golf galaxy

Find a set of the new FG Tour V2s. They don't look as nice but performance wise, there is no better bang for the buck. I had not been in love with a set of irons for a long time....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520