• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is Harold Ramis really dead?

You guys just know this stuff or do you have to look it up?

There's a guy at work that can tell you who wrote/directed/starred/co-starred/filmed/cut the actors nose hairs/etc on just about every movie we bring up and quote 99% of the lines as well. All from memory.

If you held a gun to my head and said "Tell me the name of a famous movie director or you die". I would be dead. I just can't bring myself to care.
First time I've heard his name was this morning. I just skimmed over a news article about it. The only thing I pulled from it was Caddyshack. I brought it up because I was surprised it wasn't mentioned here. Was wondering if I was thinking of someone else.

There's a guy at work that can tell you who wrote/directed/starred/co-starred/filmed/cut the actors nose hairs/etc on just about every movie we bring up and quote 99% of the lines as well. All from memory.

If you held a gun to my head and said "Tell me the name of a famous movie director or you die". I would be dead. I just can't bring myself to care.
Besides golf, movies are another passion of mine. After awhile you get to know actors and directors and their work. I can't name every person in every movie, but close.

FWIW, I haven't seen a really good mind blowing, watch it over and over again movie in awhile.

Besides golf, movies are another passion of mine. After awhile you get to know actors and directors and their work. I can't name every person in every movie, but close.

FWIW, I haven't seen a really good mind blowing, watch it over and over again movie in awhile.
Have you seen/do you like Game of Thrones? I enjoyed it enough that I'm reading the books now.

I like watching movies but I really can't care less about who's in them or who directed them.

Have you seen/do you like Game of Thrones? I enjoyed it enough that I'm reading the books now.
I have heard slit about it but haven't seen any episodes, it's a series right?

I like watching movies but I really can't care less about who's in them or who directed them.
I don't pick movies based on who is in them, but after seeing a few good performances from somebody-their name is on my radar.

I have heard slit about it but haven't seen any episodes, it's a series right?
Yeah, it's a series on HBO. The 4th season premiers the first week of April, I think. They just released season 3 on DVD. Amazing acting, very high production and the writing is superb. Like I said, I bought the books and I don't read that much anymore. I'll stop the thread jack but I highly recommend it.

Im liking The Mother of Dragons. She is platinum hotness.
What did you think of the Red Wedding?

edit: If you haven't got to that part yet, don't google it. I don't want to spoil it. It's Ep9, S3.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a series on HBO. The 4th season premiers the first week of April, I think. They just released season 3 on DVD. Amazing acting, very high production and the writing is superb. Like I said, I bought the books and I don't read that much anymore. I'll stop the thread jack but I highly recommend it.
I've been really into The Walling Dead, have you watched any of that?

I will have to check out Game if Thrones.

I can remember obscure lines from movies, character names, writers, directors.... but ask me when my sister's birthday is? Hell if I know!

And I love Ramis' movies, so it's even easier for me to remember. I've probably seen Stripes 500 times.

I can remember obscure lines from movies, character names, writers, directors.... but ask me when my sister's birthday is? Hell if I know!

And I love Ramis' movies, so it's even easier for me to remember. I've probably seen Stripes 500 times.
Stripes is an all time favorite, that and Ghostbusters.

Funny story and maybe why Ghostbusters is so beloved by me: it had to be 1986-1987, my parents got our first VCR, you know the kind that used to play tapes? Not Beta, VHS. The first movie I ever watched, not on TV or in a theater but on VHS, was Ghostbusters. Love that movie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520