• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is this fake?

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
They are a great seller. I think that the 65 was made for the OEM's, so that is maybe where they picked them up. But I would vouch for them for selling real equipment.

I'm not 100% sure but I think they are selling the 65g's at Dick's Sports as well. I thought the 65 was the manufacturer shaft but apparently they are being sold new as well.

• Staff
They are a great seller. I think that the 65 was made for the OEM's, so that is maybe where they picked them up. But I would vouch for them for selling real equipment.

Ok, thats what I thought. I knew they were a great seller but how are these shafts different that the others? Or are they different at all?

One of the finer OEM golf clubs in my opinion is the Tour Edge Exotics. The craftsmanship and design is top notch.

But like Mizuno, for some reason the go low budget on their shafts.

One of the shafts that Tour Edge offers is the Aldila VS Proto 65...which is one of the lines PSW carries.

I'm certain that these are from a stockpile of Shafts from TourEdge that they have on hand to "upgrade" to if the customer asks.

These ARE legitimate shafts...but as I mentioned in here a long time ago, I am certain that Aldila and Fuji have shafts for clubmakers and the ones that fail the QC tests, are set side for OEMS.

This way the OEM's can advertize $180 shaft upgrade and generate sales, while the shaft manufacture saves reject costs and gains greater marketshare.

I've pulled and tested many of these shafts in Exotics and Pings and they are no where near the consistency as those direct from Aldila...I've seen these off the rack deflect as much as 13 cpms which is literally greater than a whole flex, dependent on which way you orientate the shaft.

So if you were to get this at that price...it would STILL be a good deal...just make sure it's orientated properly.

• Staff
One of the finer OEM golf clubs in my opinion is the Tour Edge Exotics. The craftsmanship and design is top notch.

But like Mizuno, for some reason the go low budget on their shafts.

One of the shafts that Tour Edge offers is the Aldila VS Proto 65...which is one of the lines PSW carries.

I'm certain that these are from a stockpile of Shafts from TourEdge that they have on hand to "upgrade" to if the customer asks.

These ARE legitimate shafts...but as I mentioned in here a long time ago, I am certain that Aldila and Fuji have shafts for clubmakers and the ones that fail the QC tests, are set side for OEMS.

This way the OEM's can advertize $180 shaft upgrade and generate sales, while the shaft manufacture saves reject costs and gains greater marketshare.

I've pulled and tested many of these shafts in Exotics and Pings and they are no where near the consistency as those direct from Aldila...I've seen these off the rack deflect as much as 13 cpms which is literally greater than a whole flex, dependent on which way you orientate the shaft.

So if you were to get this at that price...it would STILL be a good deal...just make sure it's orientated properly.

Well that makes sense. Same old story, "if its too good to be true..." how does the rest go
icon10.gif

Thanks indacup!

For some reason, in my Tour Proto driver I have a 70G. I imagine they had to use the real thing to justify the $500 price tag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520