• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It Was a little irritating

Bravo

Yesterday at the muni - several of us wanted to walk. When checking in - I asked for the "greens fee only" rate - with no cart.

They had no such thing. No price break when you don't rent a cart.

I thought it sucked.

Anybody else out there play courses with such a policy?

There's a couple courses like that here. I made a huge fuss once there when I went that the guy cut 20 bucks off my green fee. I was happy with that.

The sad part was that I was making my way around the course in half the time the guys in the carts were. They didn't have a 90* rule, only the cart path for carts. So, you hit a ball, drive up to it, walk accross the fairway, practice swing, hit it, walk back and drive up to the ball. Ridiculous. How about hit, walk to the ball, hit walk to the green, 2 putts for par.

Heaven forbid you can't see you ball in the rough and have to make a decision on clubs and forget one at the cart.....

A 4 hour round turns into 6 so easily there....makes me wanns puke.

Nice course tho

R35

Most courses i've played around here either allow walking or don't. If they do allow walking then they'll have a separate charge for the cart. If they don't allow it then the cart fee is built into the rate. I've never seen one that allows walking but doesn't charge a separate fee. That sounds pretty weak to me.

rockford35 said:
There's a couple courses like that here. I made a huge fuss once there when I went that the guy cut 20 bucks off my green fee. I was happy with that.

The sad part was that I was making my way around the course in half the time the guys in the carts were. They didn't have a 90* rule, only the cart path for carts. So, you hit a ball, drive up to it, walk accross the fairway, practice swing, hit it, walk back and drive up to the ball. Ridiculous. How about hit, walk to the ball, hit walk to the green, 2 putts for par.

Heaven forbid you can't see you ball in the rough and have to make a decision on clubs and forget one at the cart.....

A 4 hour round turns into 6 so easily there....makes me wanns puke.

Nice course tho

R35

It is facinating to me the perception that some people have that "walking is slow". If the golf course is fairly well loaded - as most are - walkers can easily keep up with those riding in carts.

We have this perception at our place - especially from some of the retirees. Our starter knows the real deal though. When we walk, we are usually pushing the group ahead - who are in carts.

The only time that riding in carts makes a difference is when you are playing a twosome or threesome and the course is wide open.

Two of my friends played at our place this morning. They teed off at 8:15 and finished their round at 10:30. Wish I could have played but my Weekend Kitchen Pass was punched yesterday by the missus..

spankdoggie said:
That's weird.

Financial problems maybe?...

No, I think Bravo can only go out once a weekend with permission from the War Department. (Ha!) :p

Agreed on the cart points, Bravo. You aren't booting it around the course if it's packed. You can only play as fast as those in front of you. And if it's a log jam, it jus gives you a place to sit more than anything.

I only rode the cart once all last year. I could play twilight rounds walking and get in about 15-16 holes in an hour and 45 minutes, tops.....

And walking is slow, why?

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?