• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just scored on a Vokey SM

FlopShotArtist

< Yeah, I'd hit it.
Reaction score
I just scored big at Play It Again Sports...

I was looking around and everything was crap except for a 975D I almost bought. Than I saw a rusted Vokey Oil Can, then two crappy condition Vokey 200 series. I saw something that looked like a vokey but there was an area on the sole of the club that looked like it had chrome loss - kinda dirty. Pulled it out - the face is in PERFECT condition, as well as the part that says "Titleist - Vokey Design **SPIN MILLED**". 60.08 Vokey Spin Milled. The club that I needed and didn't have enough money for yet.

So, basically a new club except for one small spot for uh..... $40.

Sorry, I was so excited I had to make this post. :smilie_ti

I see SM Vokeys all the time at Golf Galaxy for $30-35.
But depending on condition it sounds like you still got a good deal.

There are no Golf Galaxy's where I live.

And way to rain on my parade. :horse:

awesome!

that is quiet the buy bro! really it is... nice lob wedge off that rack. have you taken it out for a "spin" yet?

(pun intended) :laugh:

let us know how it goes!

A.

Good deal man. Looks like you've really put together a good bag for the $$.

that is quiet the buy bro! really it is... nice lob wedge off that rack. have you taken it out for a "spin" yet?

(pun intended) :laugh:

let us know how it goes!

A.

Nope, haven't taken it out yet. Grooves are basically as new. You can still see the milling on the face as well. Matches my 54* as well. I just gotta buy some lead tape and cover up the bad spot! :D

Not bad. You can score Vokeys like that all day long on Ebay though.

I've been looking on ebay for months. Nothing that looks as good as this club for only $40 (shipping has to be included too...)

I'd have to agree with you on Ebay. I've been looking at 56 and 60* SM's for a while. Can't touch a decent one for less than about $70 after shipping. Better off buying a new one for that price. I bought one for $35 off WRX but it was beat to hell big time with bag chatter. Looked like someone ran the Baja 1000 and forget the golf bag was in back of the truck.
icon10.gif

How do you like those Ci6s? :D

Nice score man!

To answer your question, I LOVE my Ci6's. Feel like butter when struck and have nice forgiveness.

I fancy Wilson, quite a bit actually.

Don't know why, but they have some appeal to me. Shoot I might be hoing a Spine before the year is out.

Don't know why, but they have some appeal to me. Shoot I might be hoing a Spine before the year is out.

I like the fact Wilson is not a big pretender or brand in golf, and not many people use their stuff which makes it " a little" more exclusive even though price is very very competitive, and the stuff I have hit has nothing to envy big names...

I love the look of the Fi5 mixed set of irons, they just look so solid. If I wasn't dead set on carrying Hogan's I would seriously consider those...

I'd have to agree with you on Ebay. I've been looking at 56 and 60* SM's for a while. Can't touch a decent one for less than about $70 after shipping. Better off buying a new one for that price. I bought one for $35 off WRX but it was beat to hell big time with bag chatter. Looked like someone ran the Baja 1000 and forget the golf bag was in back of the truck.
icon10.gif

I have that now, thanks... haha :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35