• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Launcher 460Ti

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So anyway, mine finally arrived from the US yesterday! Pristine condition. So I am planning it's inaugral Irish "Launch" tonight. My only slight concern is that I bought an 8.5 degrees loft model. My 983K is 10.5 degrees, with a Fuji shaft in it, I quite like the trajectory on it.

I have heard that the Launcher hits it fairly high anyway, so perhaps the lower loft will compensate. Anyone got a 8.5 in the Ti? How is it?

Guess I'll have to wait until tonight to find out. I'll bring both drivers with with and do a comparison.

yes the new launcher is supposed to launch higher..so i think u made a good choice. Mine launches pretty high...its a 9.5...but i have always been a high ball hitter...even with my old 8 deg hippo and my 8.5 launcher 400

IG,

I have an 8.5* with a low ball flight Graf Blue shaft and still have no problems getting it out 285+. The face on the Launcher gets the ball airborne very quickly, it just jumps off the face. I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

R35

unfortunately for the US, straight most of the time...

285? god i hope i don't get any older.....

Youngun5 said:
unfortunately for the US, straight most of the time...

285? god i hope i don't get any older.....

285 carry...:D

R35

I flew one today with my Launcher 305. I've been fighting the hook lately tho.... I've fugured out that timing is everything. The Launchers are definitely some of the longer clubs out there... one of my buddies plays the FT-3 and that thing is a cannon. I'd say 10 yards longer than my Launcher. Lots of guys at my club playing that one now.

The Launcher is a totally different club to the 983,and nthe 983 is more shaft dependant than the 460,imho.The Launcher will still fly higher,even at 8.5,but the 983 will be easier to shape,but that doesn't matter with the Launcher you can fly right over all the shit anyway.

I play the 9.5 now having come from the 983E,I haven't looked back,or sideways for that matter.

So anyway I had a bit of a bizarre night last night. I managed to only play 3 holes. I met a guy out on the course who lent me his Nike Sz Tour 8.5 degree so I hit it 4 times by way of a comparison to the 460Ti. My thoughts and impressions:

• The ground is starting to really firm up so there was a lot of run on the ball and there was little to no breeze last night.
  • I hit the Launcher 6 times, 3 close to the middle and three slightly off-hits. To be honest I struggled to get any elevation off the tee, but the ball did fly off the face STRAIGHT and HARD. I hit my second ball close to 300 yards low and poker straight. I hit the fairway with each of the other 5, most going pretty straight. Just worried slightly about elevation as I am only carrying it about 200 yards, but as the ball is running so far it's hard to see past the result.
  • From the 4 hits from the Sz I hit one of the longest straightest drives of my life!! It screamed off the face. The other 3 were long as well. That is some club, a nice set up, and a great Mitsubishi Diamana shaft. Ho dilemma!!!
    This could be the one!!

It's still early days and I doubt anyone can hit a club 6 times and come to a full conclusion. But I can tell you I love the club head shape and set up of the 460, and I reckon it will take 3-4 rounds to dial that fella in. Then I'll make my decision.

But that effin' Nike whacker is now embedded firmly in my mind. Feck!!!

keep playing with it... I mean the truth is..its long but not the longest driver out there...but i dont care if i give up 10 yards to be in the fairway every drive...

lildudejds said:
keep playing with it... I mean the truth is..its long but not the longest driver out there...but i dont care if i give up 10 yards to be in the fairway every drive...

Exactly.

And I will stick up for the FT-3, that thing is a great stick. Unbelievably long but not as straight as the Launcher in my hands. If you're a straight ball hitter, the FT-3 is a definite winner...

R35

I'm convinced

hit a teammates launcher at practice today.... it was a 10.5 so it basically went straight up and down, but it felt awesome, was brutally straight and still got out there, i know a lower lofted one will be slightly less accurate, but about 30 yards longer than this one.

only problem, no $, but..... same teammate wants new irons... blade irons... guess who's got TA1's sitting in the basement... this guy, gonna see if i can get him to bite on them for $250, which was the resale price on the pga value guide for better conditioned clubs, which these are. hopefully he will go for that, then i can use that and grab a launcher for about $150 and either get custom fit for a new shaft, or have the YS-6 taken out of the Burner 420 and into the launcher.

wish i woulda bought into the craze we have going here earlier in the high school season..... damn that thing was straight...

yeah i demoed a 10.5 launcher...hit it strait as can be...but didnt have the distance i wanted...with my 9.5 i can get it out there farther....and still hit it about as strait as the 10.5...not quite though...that 10.5 was like a sniper rifle...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520