• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

like a warbirdlover poll # a billion

jhmeg2

Reaction score
How do you set up your clubs in the bag? Just got a 14 way top. Been using a staff bag for as long as I can recall.

Woods in the back. Irons center. Wedges/putter up front. I'm OCD, so they have to go from lower lofts to higher lofts, left to right. IOW, far back left is driver. Fairway woods just to the right of the driver. Second row, hybrids or long irons, beginning with longest on the left. My 6 iron is always the furthest right in the second row. The PW is the farthest right in the third row.
I know just from position in the bag exactly what club I'm pulling.

My golf partner only carries 7 or 8 clubs. He has a 14-hole top in his Bag-Boy Revolver bag. Each of those few clubs has to go back into the exact spot it belongs. And, he still has trouble pulling the right club. He was carrying 8 a couple weeks ago. Got mad at his pitching wedge one day and told me he was going to leave it in the car for the next round. Next day, we got on about hole 3 and he suddenly couldn't find his pitching wedge. He started saying we would need to go back to the previous holes and look for it. I asked him if he left it in his car like he said he would. "Oh! Guess I did. How's come you remembered that and I didn't?" We seniors can be difficult to figure out at times.

Mine has 4 rows of clubs. The top and bottom have 3 slots...the other two have 4 slots.

I have mine in the following configuration as you look at the clubs:
3w D 5w
3i 4i 5i 6i
7i 8i 9i PW
52 P 56

From Top to bottom and left to right.

4 Wood / Driver
2 hybrid / ball retriever / 3 iron / 4 iron
8 iron / 7 iron / 6 iron / 5 iron
Lob wedge / sand wedge / pitching wedge / 9 iron
Putter
Ogio-Silencer-Cart-Bag-Top_zps0mxxvxcw.jpg

Woods in the back. Irons center. Wedges/putter up front. I'm OCD, so they have to go from lower lofts to higher lofts, left to right. IOW, far back left is driver. Fairway woods just to the right of the driver. Second row, hybrids or long irons, beginning with longest on the left. My 6 iron is always the furthest right in the second row. The PW is the farthest right in the third row.
I know just from position in the bag exactly what club I'm pulling.
This is my basic set up as well.

Yep! I thought those were only issued to seniors... and, then, only those with no game!!!!:D Any ball in the water is suicidal and deserves to stay there. If retrieved, will simply find another way to commit Hari-Kari. OTOH, a boll found in deep rough is only hiding from its original owner due to how pitiful it was played. Those will be glad to find someone "with game" and will perform brilliantly. You don't need a ball retriever for those.

I have 3-rows with the middle row being split into two sections.

[D, 3W, 5W, Putter]
[3, 4, 5] [6, 7, 8]
[9, PW, 52, 56]

Left to right, top to bottom:

D/4W/7W/4H
5I/6I/7I/8I
9I/PW/GW/P
SW/LW

Left to right, top to bottom:

D/4W/7W/4H
5I/6I/7I/8I
9I/PW/GW/P
SW/LW
Do you love your 4w as much as I love mine? Mine has a 3w length shaft and is set at 16.5* (I think) and it is a bomber from the fairway. My old 13* 3w will never again see the light of day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520