• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Losing Weight

The thing about Creatine though is that your body can only take so much, once you reach that point, it just becomes an expensive piss.

Update: 16st. 1lb.

When are we sticking pics up ?? :eek: :laugh:

I have another few lbs to go, no doubt about it. Another 10 or 12 would be perfect, I'd say. :)

Update - 60 days in now. Current weight 154.5. Bodyfat 13.5%. I'd like to get to single digits, but that is going to be tough.

New pics:

FrontCompare-1.jpg

Only a slight difference between day 30 and 60 from the pics, but very noticable when you look at Day 0 vs Day 60 and ignore the middle pic

Well done VT. I think you can lower that BF with diet change no problem. I think 13.5 sounds a little high for that current pic.

I'll share a couple I took today. I know the face thing is stupid but these were taken for a bodybuilding forum. If you don't do this your face will end up cut and put onto god knows what. I've been fluctuating between 154 and 159 the last week and a half. Now that work's slowed down I plan to hit it hard for the rest of the month and up my calories to over 4K a day.

back1.jpg

frontdouble.jpg

View attachment 6906

View attachment 6907
back1.jpg
frontdouble.jpg

Damn, you small jokers look scary in the photos. You look good.

My main point of concern, is that, in the front pose, you have not learned to flex your lats in the front pose... almost like you are arching backwards or something. I know you have lats, from the back view, thus my criticism.

I want to see a front lats pose...

Just don't pose to me in person... I would punch you in the dick, and that would not be comfortable.

Considering this as close as you ever get to giving a compliment, thanks Spank.
icon10.gif

I've been trying to implement a few things at work to help out. Lifting boxes in a similar postion to a row and getting up on my toes walking up stairs to use my calves as much as possible. Seems to working a little as my lats are a little sore halfway down and I haven't hit back since last Wed. Tonight I will blow up my legs and tomorrow chest. Getting some protein/gainer on the way back from the range this afternoon.

BTW- VT- I think it's pretty cool that you started at what, above 160? I started at 144 and now we've gotten to almost the exact same weight. I sort of had that in the back of mind, just didn't think it would happen this quick. Now if only my girl and I could do the same, lol.

damn you guys really are losin some weight or gaining lol but heres my Q. Im 18 and am 5'11 and 3/4 and weigh 190 and I want to be around 175 by april 9th. Possible?

damn you guys really are losin some weight or gaining lol but heres my Q. Im 18 and am 5'11 and 3/4 and weigh 190 and I want to be around 175 by april 9th. Possible?

It's possible but I wouldn't recommend just trying to drop 15lbs. at your age in a month. It would be a better idea to start working out and get on a diet, build some more muscle and let the weight take care of itself. You'll find it will make a difference in your game to get stronger in the core. I do a lot of squats and started doing deadlifts as well. My swing is feeling a lot more under control as my base is now more solid and strong.

Hey guys tell me what you think of this workout play. Suggests and comments welcome. I use the same weight for each day specified in Monday's workout.
Monday: Wall sit 3:10 minutes, 50 curls 10lbs dumb bells, 45 Bench press things 20lbs dumb bells, 30 push ups.

Tuesday: Wall sit 3:20 minutes, 55 curls, 45 bench presses, 31 push ups.

Wednesday: Wall sit 3:40, 65 curls, 60 bench press thing, 36 push ups.

Thursday: Wall sit 3:50, Curls 70, 65 bench presses, 38 push ups.

Friday: 4:00 minute wall sit, 75 curls, 70 bench presses, 40 push ups.

Let me remind you I am only 15 and I don't have a gym close by so I have to use dumb bells. Is there any dumb bell exercises you guys would recommend to build muscle?

way less reps.

Find a weight that will allow you to do 8-10 reps.

I'm gonna have to throw up some pics so that i can compare every month or so. I work out hard 5 times a week, and have noticed a lot of difference since I started.

I haven't followed this whole thread but probably should have been on board from the beginning. I need to lose 15lbs or so but between work and baby, I just haven't been motivated to be more active - I've really been a sloth the past few years and haven't really worked out in years.
that said, a week or so ago a guy at work complained he was sore from the gym the night before - someone else asked him how much he benched and apparently I made a face. (he's a big guy who spends a good amount of time in the gym) - I was surprised to hear him say 225 I thought he'd be higher.
One thing led to another and I commented that way back when I lifted, I pushed 300 - naturally this led to "no way...yeah right...."etc (and I have a buddy looking for the old videotapes but i'm not holding my breath) - anyway, hoping to use it as motivation to get more active, I bet him $20 I'd be able to bench 250 again by the end of the summer. He took it and I went home and dusted off the bench. I could care less about the $20, but news of this has spread around the office and there is my pride to consider...
First time touching the bar in quite a while, I could still do 185 which I thought was a good start - I told him the next day that I thought I was in pretty good shape to get to 250 and he responded saying he thought the bet was to 300lbs.
Another coworker said we should split the difference at 275 - so that's the target now. I'm not 100% sure it's possible but I figured I'd post this ridiculous story and see if you guys had any tips.

A bit more about my background here - I'm 28, 5'6" and weigh close to 180 right now - I lifted for football 10 yrs ago and was pretty good at it (probably better at lifting than football :) Max bench was 300, box squat was 600, without the box 545, deadlifted 535, and could clean 225 pretty easily) - having not been to the gym in a long time I've gotten really soft. Weights I used to warm up with are close to max now, but I know I'm capable of more so I'm going to try it.
To work towards 275 by the end of the summer I'm going to try a periodization progam - kind of in the "just get your body used to moving again fatty stage" right now. Any thoughts guys?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520