• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Love Those HX Tours!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Had a fantastic nine today. Not just fantastic, I ATE THAT COURSE UP!! And it might have been due to playing the whole round with a HX Tour (not the 56). I was absolutely bombing my driver straight down the middle. I almost drove 3 of the par 4's and was on the right side of the green on another. I'm now a Callaway HX Tour believer (Rockford35). I didn't think a premium ball was a big deal. What an idiot!! Dropped all my irons on the green and the ball held so NICE! I shot a 40 because I couldn't putt but should have been close to par. (Greens were VERY slow). I'm serious! As sssmokin would say "you're a legend in your own mind!!" To think of the scores I could have (maybe) been shooting.

:smilie_pi + HX Tour = :D :D :D

Nice work. You mean you doubted me all along? WTF? :D

R35

PS....it's not the ball, dude, although it helps a little......:canadafla

And it might have been due to playing the whole round with a HX Tour

Well, I did work on "squaring my shoulders" which was in another post in here somewhere and also focused more on "finishing" my swing (like Freddy Couples or Ernie Els). Those changes seemed to make a huge difference with the premium ball. So yup, it wasn't just the ball but the "premium" ball WORKS now like it should with my better swing. (The swing improvements showed no improvement to the low priced ball performance). I think this is all making sense, right?

:smilie_pi

warbirdlover said:
Well, I did work on "squaring my shoulders" which was in another post in here somewhere and also focused more on "finishing" my swing (like Freddy Couples or Ernie Els). Those changes seemed to make a huge difference with the premium ball. So yup, it wasn't just the ball but the "premium" ball WORKS now like it should with my better swing. (The swing improvements showed no improvement to the low priced ball performance). I think this is all making sense, right?

Translation: The HX Tour rules.

:D

R35

warbirdlover said:
So yup, it wasn't just the ball but the "premium" ball WORKS now like it should with my better swing. (The swing improvements showed no improvement to the low priced ball performance). I think this is all making sense, right?

So the ball only works with your new improved swing?
Is it like putting premium gas for a premium car? That's interesting.
Please play another round and see if you can eat up the course again :D

Well, the distance advantage with the premium ball appeared to show better because I've obviously upped my swing speed with the changes I made. It didn't show much at all with the HX Hot or Bridgestone E5 I used for the "water" holes. I'm going to keep playing with this ball for awhile to make sure this wasn't a "fluke" (but I doubt that very much)....

Yup, new balls

Never mind. Probably all a figment of my imagination. Just had a good round.

The Callys are good balls. I hit a brand new HX Tour 56 on a couple of holes last night, and I got good distance and a great feeling off the club.

But, I'm not a good enough golfer to use one of these on every shot: I lose too many in the woods and lakes. Used Tittys for me a 40 cents/ea until I learn not to hit really bad shots.

Played two more "nines" with the HX Tours. Same thing (long straight drives, dropping irons on the green and holding nice) but putted worse. I'm ruining my scores with my putting. Not huge misses, inch left, inch right, inch short. It's driving me nuts.

But this is a super good ball and I'm going to be using it exclusively.

:dead:

Cool I snagged some HX HOTS from WalMart for $20 a dozen. Are these just as good? I'll be playing them next Sunday to find out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?