• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lydia Ko: 'Great Birthday Week Again'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
FOR LYDIA KO, BEING 18 isn't much different than 17 in at least one respect. She wins golf tournaments.

On Sunday, two days after celebrating her 18th birthday, Ko beat Morgan Pressel on the second hole of a sudden-death playoff for a repeat victory in the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic at Lake Merced Golf Club. Ko canned a 5-foot birdie putt after Pressel missed from slightly farther away.

We've seen this before. As LPGA.com reported, five of Ko's seven LPGA wins have been in come-from-behind fashion.

''At the start of the day, I didn't know how it was going to go,'' Ko said. ''It's been a great birthday week again.''

"I had plenty of chances out there today," Pressel said, "so I can't be too disappointed. I gave it my all."

Ko closed with a 70. Pressel had a 72. Brooke Henderson, just 17, shot a final-round 74 and missed the playoff by a shot.

In addition to her seven LPGA titles, Ko has posted some other impressive numbers, according to LPGA .com. She has five wins in her last 25 starts. She also leads all three LPGA major categories: Money List, Rolex Player of the Year and Race to CME Globe.

And in case you didn't already know, Ko is world No. 1 in women's golf for 13 weeks running.

Source: Lydia Ko: 'Great Birthday Week Again'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422