• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Making yardage book, need help

slickpitt

Reaction score
I'm using Google Earth and Photoshop to make myself a yardage book for my home course. I've started walking recently and the course is poorly marked. Carts have GPS... so... yeah. Anyway making the holes and the yardage is the easy part. I'm having a hard time finding a binder or something to keep it in. Needs to be something I can fit into my back pocket and quickly flip through the holes to find what I'm looking for. Anyone ever do this or have any idea about what I might use? I figured a quick trip to Wal Mart and I'd find what I was looking for... but no such luck.

How about going to a copy shop or a Staples and having them
put on a plastic spiral binding. I used to do this with music scores
all the time when I was a copyist. They can do it for a large variety
of sizes.

How about going to a copy shop or a Staples and having them
put on a plastic spiral binding. I used to do this with music scores
all the time when I was a copyist. They can do it for a large variety
of sizes.

That's a good idea.. I was going to go there and have them print the final product anyway. Thanks!

Awesome awesome movie on how to do this.

One sec, linky not working.

http://www.youtube. com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU&feature=related

Linky works better than direct link, just remove the 3 spaces between youtube. and com.

I learned a lot from this movie.

Awesome awesome movie on how to do this.

One sec, linky not working.

http://www.youtube. com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU&feature=related

Linky works better than direct link, just remove the 3 spaces between youtube. and com.

I learned a lot from this movie.

Sadly enough... I've learned to identify the uuiU in that link. Nice try though!!

:biglol::prop:

What comes to mind is one of those little binders used for marching band music. might be a bit too big though.

Sadly enough... I've learned to identify the uuiU in that link. Nice try though!!

:biglol::prop:

I knew better than to click the lick when I got to "linking works better than [embedding]"

What is it, and what is "uuiU"?

EDIT: Nevermind. Google was my friend. Apparently, there is even a name for falling for that - it's called being "Rick Rolled".

Sadly, I liked that song when it came out. Obviously I did not have MTV.

Maybe something like these.
Golfsmith.com: Assorted Scorecard Caddy - Assorted
Golf Accessories and Gifts: Scorecard Holder
TPK Professional Tour Version Scorecard Cover

I did the same and just printed them as 4x6 photos then lamented the 1st hole back to back with the 2nd the stuck the 9 cards in a ziplock for lack of having a wallet for them. I will probably get a wallet later, but I kinda like how it is currently because you just stick the one card in your back pocket and change it every 2 holes so you don't know it's there. Not sure I would use the wallet for anything more than protecting them and will still do it the same way if I get one. Just keeping the wallet in my bag during the round if I walked

Search google for Scorecard wallet and you may find more.

FYI, if you also have Illustrator, It seemed to work much better than Photoshop, or use both in unison. I did the work in Illustrator, then created a blank 4x6 image in photoshop. Resized the Image of the hole to 5.5 Inches high (leaving room for lamination with 1/4" top and bottom borders), pasted it in and did the text. Also make sure you use a pretty hefty line, like 5pt or it won't turn out real easily.

Edit 1 - make sure you save the final product as a .psd in PS or .ai in Illistrator, and not a .jpg. As it will allow you to easily modify it later.

Very professional looking there, PA Jayhawk.

I think that if I can ever get my Sonocaddie fully programed, I might be able to do away with my yardage books. Most of not all of tourneys I play in allow the use of GPS devices.

Very professional looking there, PA Jayhawk.

I think that if I can ever get my Sonocaddie fully programed, I might be able to do away with my yardage books. Most of not all of tourneys I play in allow the use of GPS devices.
Thanks.

I actually did this solely for the Club Championship because they do not allow GPS and Rangefinders. After using this for the first two rounds, I am actually kinda on the fence on whether I maybe like it better than the GPS. Not as convenient, but it seemed to really make me focus more on the course, and it was reflected in my scores as my best round of the year was the first day of the championship.

The Championship is also a big part of the reason I have not been on alot lately. It is a 4 day event and after 2 days of Stroke play, the final 4 do two days of Match play for the championship. I finished 4th and play the #1 seed tomorrow morning. I kinda wanted to keep my head out of anything related to the mechanics of golf, so I have limited my reading on here to things unrelated to mechanics.

I also scheduled a Fantasy Football Draft for tonight to take my mind off golf.

good luck tomorrow PAjayhawk. Just finished second in my club championship recently so play hard tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520