• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Making yardage book, need help

Wow Jayhawk that's very nice work!

Yardage Book? My only suggestion is make a few copies. And then keep one with your notes and corrections so when you make an update you have the information at hand.

I have several old yardage books and they are worn-out... always wished I had made copies when they were new.

Yardage Book? My only suggestion is make a few copies. And then keep one with your notes and corrections so when you make an update you have the information at hand.

I have several old yardage books and they are worn-out... always wished I had made copies when they were new.

I think he is talking about making yardage books from scratch. Not too many courses even have yardage books available any more. (which is just ridiculous, IMO)

I agree -- you are probably right. But even when making a new yardage book from scratch, making several copies is a good idea.

The "Old Days" did indeed have yardage books for many, many courses (especially if the PGA or some other tour played a tourney on the course.) I guess GPS and range finders have diminished the need for them.

One of my old clubs hosted a PGA and then a Senior PGA event for several years. It was always great to get the "new" yardage book when one would come out. I wore out all my old copies of several such books for several courses. Sadly, I have a some great old yardage books that went through rain stroms, lots of sweat and wear, and today they are barely legible. Kinda sad.

I think he is talking about making yardage books from scratch. Not too many courses even have yardage books available any more. (which is just ridiculous, IMO)

Yep going to make it from scratch. I haven't had a lot of time to put into this lately, but here is a rough idea of what I'm doing. #9 at home course.

ogac9.bmp

Still a lot of polishing up to do. Holes that have bunkers and hazards etc will be labeled. Basically make every hole and add yardage markers to unique landmarks(trees, etc) that I'm familiar with. I'm sure it'll be a work in progress for a while. Going to take someones idea of going to Kinkos or somewhere like that and have them make me a ring binder with plastic covers and laminate the hole sheets. I'll post more when I get it done. Might take me a couple of weeks at this rate lol :beach3:

good luck tomorrow PAjayhawk. Just finished second in my club championship recently so play hard tomorrow.
Lost 2 and 1 after going into 16 tied. Not bad for a bogie golfer I guess. Maybe set higher sites for next year.
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520