• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Max score for hole a triple when keeping handicaps?

Much appreciated guys, I finally got my brain wrapped around this.

Can't thank you enough...and now I get to talk with them about the money they owe me! :biglol:

Wow, they do that in a stroke play match? Dude, look up Nassau and learn how to play it. Tell them you will only play match play. It's way better than stroke play for gambling. Stroke play for gambling must be the most boring thing in the world. The game was meant to be played as match play IMO.

In Australia we have system equivalent of ESC, but for handicap cards we cut it short at double bogeys, no worse. Stops MOST people from blown-out artificial handicaps. ONLY for cards handed in used to obtain a handicap.

I will reiterate this...

Many folks "stop trying" or pick up the ball after they get to the max number they will post. I see this happen a lot when a guy is playing but not wagering.

I encountered this behavior while playing with some random guys down in Florida last winter. WTF!!!

I encountered this behavior while playing with some random guys down in Florida last winter. WTF!!!

If they are not wagering or playing in a tournament, do you really want to wait behind them in the fairway watching them try to chip in for a 13 or 5 putt for a 12? :laugh:

Wow, they do that in a stroke play match? Dude, look up Nassau and learn how to play it. Tell them you will only play match play. It's way better than stroke play for gambling. Stroke play for gambling must be the most boring thing in the world. The game was meant to be played as match play IMO.

If we are playing for a dollar a stroke, it's not boring at all. I shoot 80, you shoot 75, I pay you 5 dollars.

If they are not wagering or playing in a tournament, do you really want to wait behind them in the fairway watching them try to chip in for a 13 or 5 putt for a 12? :laugh:

If I have a blow up hole I most certainly will pick the ball up & proceed to the next tee. Not going to waste my time nor the people behind me while I am attempting to card a 10+ for the hole. Who frickin cares since I am not entering any scores for an official handicap?

I wish more people would just pick the damn ball up & move along. Have waited behind people who literally took 6-7-8+ shots to finally reach the green on a very easy par 4. Then they would line up their putt & miss & then proceed to lineup their next 3 putts which all obviously missed. Just write down a damn 10 & get the hell outta the way.

I was playing a friend yesterday for beers. So we were keeping our actual scores. On my blow up hole for the day, I'd have much rather wrote down a triple bogey 7 than the snowman I carded. But since something was on the line, I felt compelled to play it out, as painful as it was.

Otherwise, in a for fun round, 3 over is a good cut off point.

If we are playing for a dollar a stroke, it's not boring at all. I shoot 80, you shoot 75, I pay you 5 dollars.

Boooring. I want to blast a driver off the deck on the 565yd. par 5 to pick up the birdie, ding, hole.
icon10.gif
Agressive golf is my strong suit... as evidenced by my recent 5 birdie 80, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520