• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My first post: a shaft question

Charlotte Golfer

Reaction score
First time poster here. I'm looking forward to talking golf with everyone.

If anybody might give me some advice on a shaft issue I have, I'd be most grateful. Specifically, I'm looking for advice on how to reduce shock absorbion with my irons. I had Flighted Rifle shafts in my old irons, which reduce shock better than Dynamic Golds IMO, but my ball flight was too high. So, I had Dynamic Golds installed in my new sticks, but the shock is killing my wrists. Anyone familiar with the Sensicore Dynamic Gold shaft, which apparently reduces shock? Alternatively, can anybody recommend a good grip to reduce shock? Many thanks.

Sensicores are suppost to be amazing with the shock. My friend's dad who has athritis has them and says theyre a godsend.

Gripwise, look at Winn, any of their super soft grips will be great for that. Just a warning though most of their grips suck when wet.

First time poster here. I'm looking forward to talking golf with everyone.

If anybody might give me some advice on a shaft issue I have, I'd be most grateful. Specifically, I'm looking for advice on how to reduce shock absorbion with my irons. I had Flighted Rifle shafts in my old irons, which reduce shock better than Dynamic Golds IMO, but my ball flight was too high. So, I had Dynamic Golds installed in my new sticks, but the shock is killing my wrists. Anyone familiar with the Sensicore Dynamic Gold shaft, which apparently reduces shock? Alternatively, can anybody recommend a good grip to reduce shock? Many thanks.

Welcome!

Check out the review on the home page; the sensicores are the real deal.

As for the grip, look no further than the Golf Pride Dual Durometer. The DD has the stamp of approval from the Arthritis Foundation. You could also wait a couple of weeks for the new Golf Pride DD2 to hit the shelves, same idea and materials with a flashier presentation.

There are also the Sims Shock Relief Inserts available through GolfWorks, etc. These are inserts that will dampen, probably even more than Sensicore at a less investment than a totally complete reshaft.

I had the same problem playing S300's anything from 6 iron down was hurting my right wrist. I've just stepped down to R300's and that solved the problem.

Lose the Pings, and get some clubs with some feel...Just kidding WBL.

I've had Sensicores, and they work great. The grip makes a difference as well. I switched from Dynamic Gold S300's to Dynalite Gold R300's, and the shafts felt a bit jarring with Lamkin Dual-Density Crosslines. I went to Tour Velvets and the clubs feel perfect now.

I found sensicores to be garbage since the rod and spiral foam would come loose on all of my clubs and rattle. to help dampen the vibrations ask you clubfitter about wooden dowels in the shaft, i have them on all of my irons and they feel great.

There are also the Sims Shock Relief Inserts available through GolfWorks, etc. These are inserts that will dampen, probably even more than Sensicore at a less investment than a totally complete reshaft.

The pro-soft insert work much better, and way better than the wooden dowels or straw-si-cores as some people have made.
The pro-softs also allow the club to breath and remove moisture which will reduce shaft breakage caused by internal rusting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520