• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My golfin buddy

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one will probably believe me but my 3yr old son made a true 8 on a 238yd par 4 over the weekend. It was awesome! Probably the craziest part of the whole thing is he knocked his 4th shot to about 15ft!!! So what if he 4 putted (he can't help it, he gets that from me). That's an average of 60yds per shot. Even more amazing is after his bomb tee shot, he refused to hit his 3w from the fairway because he wanted to use an iron like me...effectively making the hole longer. I was so proud of him that I had a trophy made for him. I should have my ass kicked for not taking my video camera.

ai1019.photobucket.com_albums_af319_golfaholicH_kadenSturgis.jpg

ai1019.photobucket.com_albums_af319_golfaholicH_LittleCaddie.jpg

ai1019.photobucket.com_albums_af319_golfaholicH_kadengolf.jpg

These aren't very recent pics, but I had to show you guys the future of our sport.

Very cool..I SO wish I had started at such a young age, instead of waiting until I was 32

Very cool..I SO wish I had started at such a young age, instead of waiting until I was 32

Yeah me too, I didn't start until I was 20. Ah hell my kid might not even play when he gets older, you never can tell. Right now he loves it though, he begs me to take him to "a real golf course", as opposed to the back yard. He hits balls in the back yard all the time when I'm not there...gets into trouble too. My neighbor is our sherrif and my son has already hit his Z-71 in the door with a ball. He's a great guy though and refused to take any money for the ding.

Saw your post and had to smile. That's exactly what I called my son when he (really) got me back into golf about 10 years ago! We had all sorts of fun and today he beats me easily playing from the white tees. Best thing I ever did was not "teach" him anything (except how to behave on a golf course). He's now 13, but sometimes it seems like yesterday that my golfin buddy looked like this (here he is at 5 years old):
Ian's Swing 1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520