• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My summer with the post office

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to write this down. Just think about this. If I am only one person and I have all these problems, imagine how many problems there are with the USPS service? :)

+ Shipped a carton to R35(?) or Lyle(?) in Canada with a shaft. The box was literally destroyed by the time it hit the Canadian border. The shaft was okay... :rolleyes:

+ Ordered a Geek from LyleG. Besides taking four weeks the box was, again, smashed and bent. The box had "do not bend" on all four sides in large writing. It appeared to be "a challenge" to the gorillas in the PO to see if they "could" bend it!! I made the delivery person stand there while I opened it. The club was okay. :rolleyes:

+ I sent a club to sssmokin, 150 miles straight north to central Wisconsin. He waited and waited. Finally he got it in good condition. Problem was it was sent Priority and went to Minneapolis! Then Minneapolis sent it to him "regular mail"!! :rolleyes:

+ Now Lyle sends me a club and it's going on four weeks. He gets it sent back to him! And it took them four weeks to do it!! :rolleyes:

Now again, this is ALL I've sent or have been supposed to receive and they botched it all! If they ran as a normal company they would have been put out of business years ago. So that says a little about how much competition UPS and FedEx give them.... :D

Rant complete. Carry on... :)

Sounds about right. You don't want to get spoiled do you?

Being stationed in Germany and having an APO address I am pretty much stuck with the USPS. Since UPS, FEDEX, DHL or any of the other carries don't ship to APO addresses. I have had pretty good luck, every once in awhile it takes a little too long to receive a box, or the box looks like it has been through hell. Only once have I not received a box, but it was something I bought on Ebay, so I don't think the guy ever shipped it. I got my money back so no harm no foul. I am looking forward to moving back to the states next month so I have more shipping options.

I have to write this down. Just think about this. If I am only one person and I have all these problems, imagine how many problems there are with the USPS service? :)

+ Shipped a carton to R35(?) or Lyle(?) in Canada with a shaft. The box was literally destroyed by the time it hit the Canadian border. The shaft was okay... :rolleyes:

+ Ordered a Geek from LyleG. Besides taking four weeks the box was, again, smashed and bent. The box had "do not bend" on all four sides in large writing. It appeared to be "a challenge" to the gorillas in the PO to see if they "could" bend it!! I made the delivery person stand there while I opened it. The club was okay. :rolleyes:

+ I sent a club to sssmokin, 150 miles straight north to central Wisconsin. He waited and waited. Finally he got it in good condition. Problem was it was sent Priority and went to Minneapolis! Then Minneapolis sent it to him "regular mail"!! :rolleyes:

+ Now Lyle sends me a club and it's going on four weeks. He gets it sent back to him! And it took them four weeks to do it!! :rolleyes:

Now again, this is ALL I've sent or have been supposed to receive and they botched it all! If they ran as a normal company they would have been put out of business years ago. So that says a little about how much competition UPS and FedEx give them.... :D

As ssssmokin would say, "Another satisfied customer" :laugh:

Well the shaft you sent me arrived quickly and unscathed. Then again, you used an industrial strength shipping tube that probably could have survived a nuclear attack. :D

I guess once in a while they have to do one right.

BTW, the shaft installed and is playing great. I wish you would have sent me a better swing with it, but the USPS would have probably just broken that! :laugh:

I wish you would have sent me a better swing with it, but the USPS would have probably just broken that! :laugh:

Nice one, MGP.:laugh:

So that says a little about how much competition UPS and FedEx give them.... :D

And, the USPS has already stated they've lost too much money this year and will be seeking another rate increase effective early 2008. Aren't you glad it'll cost you more for this 'tremendous' service.

The converse to that is delivery to Iraq. My wife has sent boxes to our son every week or two for over 8 months. He can almost set his watch at 10 day delivery. Some show up in 7 days, but never has one taken long than 10. Never had a damaged package... yet. She did have to learn not to send gummy bears and other things that would melt into big globs before he got his hands on them!!!:laugh:

This is way I refuse to use the USPS on any packages that I have control over. The only problem that I run into now is with sellers on ebay who use USPS.

5 letters:

FEDEX

Cheaper, faster, more reliable. What more do you need? Are you just supporting your brother or something? :D

R35

FedEx might be the answer. The USPS is not totally stupid. They have nowhere on their website where you can complain. Can you imagine the bombardment of nasty e-mails they'd get? :D

I'm a USPS supporter, never had a problem. UPS has returned a package on me since I never got the "yellow sticker" they left. They also snapped the Burner shaft in half. FedEx just leaves crap anywhere. I had 2 packages stolen that were sent by FedEx. UPS and USPS at least use thier heads when they leave a package, hiding it well onto the porch behind the solid wall or in between the storm door and regular door to the house if it fits.

I have the feeling that sssssmokin sent a little e-mail out to all the post offices: anything with Warbirdlover's name on it is to receive "the treatment".

The USPS can do things like that now, you know. They have "computers".

Yeah, I've had an argument or two with our USPS lady. I try to be nice, but she gets ugly...so..well, I do too. :)

I havent had one problem yet with all my packages this year:D:D:D

Although the border I had other issues with... lets just say they know who I am and I have to have lots of documentation with me whenever i "just walk over to pick something up"......

Thankfully, no more of that since im actually in the states now.

I've gotten 8 packages in the past week. My landlady thinks it's quite comical. I still have two more coming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301