• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Net for driving net?

King Par

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to build a driving net in my back yard. Most of the nets at the golf stores are smaller than I want. So I'm trying to find net that I can build my own with. I want to have 2 walls, a top, and then obviously the back.

Can anyone recommend me where to buy net, that'd work for this?

The holes look a little big, Is that what you use Lyle?

The holes look a little big, Is that what you use Lyle?

This is standard golf netting. They are all this size. I got my net from a range that was closing and built the frame out of PVC and cable.

Oh, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I would call these guys and see if they have any scraps of the twisted knotless netting laying around. I used to work on a shrimp boat, and I can tell you that there is no better netting for hitting golf balls into. I bet you can get the stuff cheap. They sell purpose-built golf netting as well.

I would call these guys and see if they have any scraps of the twisted knotless netting laying around. I used to work on a shrimp boat, and I can tell you that there is no better netting for hitting golf balls into. I bet you can get the stuff cheap. They sell purpose-built golf netting as well.

A shrimp boat :wow: Sounds like an interesting gig for sure.

A shrimp boat :wow: Sounds like an interesting gig for sure.
I worked as a deckhand on a shrimp boat for two years, then captained an offshore commercial fishing boat for three more. I've got a few stories.

I liked the gig, but I could see the writing on the wall. Very tough to make money without a really big boat. Even then it's a crapshoot. If I had any sense I would have gone on to get my Master's license and gotten into tugs. From there I could have become a harbor pilot and had a plum job that pays REALLY well. From there, who knows? Captain of a cruise ship? I could have seen myself doing that.

I worked as a deckhand on a shrimp boat for two years, then captained an offshore commercial fishing boat for three more. I've got a few stories.

I liked the gig, but I could see the writing on the wall. Very tough to make money without a really big boat. Even then it's a crapshoot. If I had any sense I would have gone on to get my Master's license and gotten into tugs. From there I could have become a harbor pilot and had a plum job that pays REALLY well. From there, who knows? Captain of a cruise ship? I could have seen myself doing that.

hmmm, I would have never guessed. Impressive to say the least.

I worked as a deckhand on a shrimp boat for two years, then captained an offshore commercial fishing boat for three more. I've got a few stories..

Lieutenant Dan?

"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. "

I used to spend time with harbor pilots back in my Navy days. Seemed like a pretty sweet gig and the rumor mill had those guys making some pretty good bank. Of course, your @rse is on the line big time navigating through some of the more crowed ports.

As for staying on topic, are all these one-offs and custom netters a better deal than going with a pre-built one from the local GS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520