• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nick Faldo dissing Henrik Stenson

Funny thing is those pictures do not look like Henriks swing. At least not the one he produces on game day. They are so posed the analysis is not worth reading. It looks like Adam Scotts swing, not the real swing Henrik uses when playing. Perhaps it is the ideal swing he wishes he had. His real swing is a fluid less tense afair that is in its own way more natural and far better than that.

Furthermore, Faldo's analysis is full of jargon and other crap terms that make no sense to anyone but him. Its like he is trying to prove how smart he is.

Where do you get that he's criticizing his swing? It appears to me he really likes it. And I like Nick. :D

He is trying to establish his own identity,its what he has been paid for,to create some controvesy,trying to be some competition to Feherty

anyway,i can't find criticisms in that piece

Criticize?

That was an entire column of praise. Maybe my understanding of the English language is different, but that seemed pretty upbeat to me.

R35

I could be wrong, but I think Faldo dissed his swing in another article and we were shown a different link to view the swing in question.

I could be wrong, but I think Faldo dissed his swing in another article and we were shown a different link to view the swing in question.

Roger that KWC.

Stensor murders it! I saw him carry a drive 340 and it plugged! (in the Ryder Cup on the 16th at K Club). He was further than anyone else that day.

But he is also a winner! Watch out for this guy. Faldo is allowed to air his own opinions, but it's results that matter. This dude will win a major in the next few years. Bank on it...

Glad to see some people read my reference to Golf World, this was where the critique was, the article was a reprint of the original Golfinternational article, i agree that Henrik crushes it, and i think he is maybe our best hope for a major if he sorts his putting out as he can be very swedish and attacking on the greens!!

So why would you put a link to the article above instead of Faldo's column?

I think the confusion was inevitable.

R35

So why would you put a link to the article above instead of Faldo's column?

I think the confusion was inevitable.

R35

Agreed.

On another note I am very disappointed with Faldo and CBS. It just doesnt seem like a good fit. I am one of the few that actually like Lanny, even though he said some foolish things (and really who doesnt?).

On another note, I think that Faldo is becoming more and more like Johnny Miller with a British accent every day, that is not good IMHO.

I hope Faldo stays Faldo and doesn't try to be someone or something he's not just to please the critics. :D

I think the problem with Faldo is that he tries to be very english in his style of comedy and it doesnt always come across, but also the british press and public didnt really get to know him very well as during his playing days he was very aloof and kept himself to himself.

I hold my hands up and agree the syntax of my original message was wrong, sorry guys, but i did state the article in question was in Golf World UK later on in the post !.

Anyways Stenson rips it.

I think as one of the best players that ever donned the fairways Faldo
can critisize who the hell he wants.

I also like his style of commentating.

I hope Faldo stays Faldo and doesn't try to be someone or something he's not just to please the critics. :D

Ditto that...it is so boring when all you hear is platitudes about a player's game. I like a contrarian point of view from time to time...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301