• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Niece

Bama Duffer

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get on-line the last few days. Monday my four-year-old niece was diagnosed with a brain tumor. They operated on her Wednesday at Children's Hospital in Birmingham.

Shortly after surgery, she developed noninfectious meningitis and we're waiting for her to breathe on her own before they can remove the tubes. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll updated you guys on her condition later.

Thanks.

I wish all the best for you and your family, especially with the holiday season approaching. These things put life in perspective. A close friend of our family's son had a brain tumor at a slightly older age. On a positive note, he had a successful operation and recently received his Master's degree. Prayers are with you and yours.

That sucks, Duffer. :(

Give my best to the family.

R35

What is her full name?

I want the prayers to be specific......good luck.

we will be thinking of her in our home.

Life is so unfair, when it affects somebody so young!
My prayers and thoughts are with your family.

My prayers are on their way.

My good thoughts are with her.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, guys. Her name is Jaymee Flowers. Her body has regained enough strength to allow them to remove the breathing tube, but unfortunately, she has not fully regained consciousness since surgery.

As Ezra said, these things put it all in perspective. I had taken last Monday off to walk/carry 18 holes for the first time in years (to see if I could still do it) and learned about the tumor just after I finished. Had a great time playing, but golf quickly took a backseat.

Well, at least there is progress. She'll be in many of our prayers Bama, give the family my best.

God bless your little niece

Hi Bama:

I may have the time to go downtown and see her...would your family object to a personal visit from a stranger?

Bravo--

I just got back on line this morning and saw your post. I appreciate the thought, but I'm not sure how my brother-in-law will react if a stranger shows up at the hospital and tells him that he met me on the Internet and wants to know how his daughter is doing. :)

I'm back in Montgomery this week, hoping to catch up at the office. Maybe one day when I'm in Bham you can come by. I'll probably be back up there this weekend. I'll try to post something about my plans.

Jaymee is stable. She is aware of her surroundings, reacts to it, and recognizes people, but she is still not able to talk or control her body.

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427