• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Old Timers

Wow, lots of good info and advice in the posts by lyle and cypress.

I went to the range today and also played the executive course they have at the range. The only pupose of the outing was to establish what distances I hit the new clubs in my bag this year.

I played the round without a driver so I had to use my new V-steel 3W off the tee. I also got to hit all the new hybrids and irons as well. Interesting, I ended the round hitting very different clubs than I started out thinking I needed to hit. By the end of the round I was hitting mostly good shots and had a good handle on my distances. I hit my new irons about a club to club and a half less than the old ones, but higher and with more spin. They are also a LOT more forgiving and none of my misses were real stinkers. I don't have a problem with the apparent loss of distance as the hybrids worked great between the 3W and 5i.

I now have a lot better idea what to expect out of these new clubs.

A man that hits his 9 iron 150 yards dosen't scare me. A man that hits his 5 iron 150 yards and within 15 feet of the hole every time scares me.

I think I have about 3 clubs that I can hit 150 yards, the 7,8,9. This time of year I am most comfortable probably hitting the 7 since there is not as much release on the greens. I guess my point is that as long as you are comfortable with how far you can hit the ball in a certain circumstance, the number on the sole of the club is of little significance

BS... You guys are just getting old. :laugh:

My dad accused me of having jacked up lofts last year. On a 153yd. par 3 I hit middle green with a PW.... should have seen the look on his face when I said "not a bad club" and handed him back his PW.... which I snuck out of his bag while he teed up his 7iron.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520