• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Comes Through

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please read the letter I received from Ping after "giving them sh........t" for the problem posted earlier in the "Boycott Ping" thread:

Dear Mr. Lindell:

As someone who expressed concern over our relationship with the military, we wanted to make sure you are aware of PING’s “Thank You Troops” rebate program.

We’re in the process of finalizing the details of the program, but we can share this with you:

-The program applies to current PING equipment, including PING G5 and Rapture products. It is effective as of October 1, 2006.

-Active duty and Active Reserve members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and National Guard are eligible for the rebates.

-Cash rebate amounts will vary by product type and go directly into the pocket of the eligible military member. For example, PING will provide an $80 rebate on a set of 8 PING irons. PING will offer a $30 rebate on a PING driver.

The final details will be released in the next few weeks. In the meantime, PING executives will be meeting with military personnel to determine the best way to communicate the program to our troops.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Sincerely,

Bill Gates

Yes, and now they are trying to act like they were gonna do this all along.

We’re in the process of finalizing the details of the program, but we can share this with you:

Alrighty, then. You still have Wedges & Woods, Bonaventure Golf, and Ft Gordon, all right here in Augusta, GA, who are mighty pissed at you.

It is effective as of October 1, 2006.
How ironic that the program is being finalized and effective Oct. 1 2006. They must have been scrambling to get something in place after the recent bad publicity.

It is effective as of October 1, 2006.
How ironic that the program is being finalized and effective Oct. 1 2006. They must have been scrambling to get something in place after the recent bad publicity.
Yeah, I would say "Scrambling" is a good word. Still no word on their site, certainly have seen nothing in the local Ping dealers, so it would appear the only way to find out about this is if you write and complain. Don't know of too many companies that come up with such a great rebate program and do not begin the advertising until well after the start date.

Rebates are dogshit. 10-14 weeks to get your 30 bucks back? Why not right friggin' now?

This is weak.

R35

Rebates are dogshit. 10-14 weeks to get your 30 bucks back? Why not right friggin' now?

This is weak.

R35
Furthermore, it is still only 10%, and is only on specific products. You have to drive all over creation to find the product. Going one step further, it only applies to Active Duty and Active Reserve. So I guess if you are a Veteran you are long since forgotten.

Let's see, should someone mention that 10% can be recieved immediately, at your prefered store, if you simply stay away from Ping. Now that is a rebate. The "Don't buy Ping and Save Money rebate"

Has anyone noticed how many golf sites have commented (negatively) on this, other then ST? How badly is Ping getting the heat.

It's a start and that what counts. I figured it wouldn't take much heat to get things turned around. There is alot of money too be made and ping doesn't want too be pushed out of the trough.

Maybe "reconciliation" with their dealers is next. :):confused:

A step in the right direction, just wait and see.

It looks reactionary. I still won't be buying Ping products. They may as well be French. :D

*kidding - I still eat French fries and drive a Nissan. I won't buy Ping because they are over-priced uppity jack asses. Or so it seems to me.

It looks reactionary. I still won't be buying Ping products. They may as well be French. :D

*kidding - I still eat French fries and drive a Nissan. I won't buy Ping because they are over-priced uppity jack asses. Or so it seems to me.

Uh, Nissan is Japanese. And French Fries are American.:D

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35