• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pro V1 or Pro V1x?

tomba26

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post after lurking a few times and I have to say, great forums!
Ok, I am looking for some help, I have a chance at some Pro V1x or the regular Pro V1 cheap. They're not a ball I have played much at all and I just wondered basically what the differences would be before I choose?
Thanks.

Welcome tomba26!

I have found that the pro v1's have changed since they first hit the market. They were awesome when they first came out but Titleist must have changed formulas a few times since the prov first became so famous. Now the pro v1's seem to play fairly similar to the older Titleist Professionals off the tee; only they are not as rubbery/balata style feeling around the greens.

You should probably try a couple of each and see which one you like better. For me, Pro V1x is my new ball of choice – the reason is that it doesn't balloon up into the wind. It also has lots of accurate iron distance, and still chips and putts much better than any of the standard balls. The current Pro v1's chip a little better because they really spin and check up more, but the the prov1x's get me off the tee so much further they make it worth choosing. I'm almost to the point of using a prov1 on the par threes and using a prov1x on the par fours and fives. I just allow for a little less spin and little more roll on the short shots with the prov1x..

However, if you have a chance to get either cheap, as you said you did, they are both worth it - I have been buying both one dozen at a time as used / x-outs / practice grade. They cost about a buck or two a ball depending on where you can find them.

As one of the golf bloggers said somewhere, they are named Pro V1 and Pro V1x for a reason; because they are completely different balls - and that blogger was right - they are totally different (was that you mediaguru at hookedongolfblog.com ?). Bottom line is - there is no way for you to know until you've played each of them for a few rounds.

[font=&quot]I've also heard good things about that new Bridgestone ball (the 0330 or something?) unfortunately, I have not found one in the bushes far enough on the right of the fairway to try out yet.. :)
[/font]

Thanks for the reply Eat Golf! From your response they are obviously totally different balls so I think I will purchase a couple of sleeves of each before I get my bulk order and decide from there.
Cheers.

I don't remember that Rich.... Anyway they are WAY different. The X is just too hard for me. But I wish the V1 went longer. I guess you can't have everything.

I am finding that people who are longer off the tee to begin with prefer the X, while those who are more control players like the regular Pro-V. Myself, I love the ProV1x, it is by far my favorite ball ever, and I liked the regular Pro V's. As stated, they are two different animals, but with some work, you will decide for yourself.

If you can get them very cheap, let some of the guys here have a chance to get some thru you.

obagain said:
If you can get them very cheap, let some of the guys here have a chance to get some thru you.

If I can get a decent amount then I will help no probs. One thing to bear in mind is I am U.K based.

It wouldn't be for me. I get mine VERY cheap:smilie_ti .

But if you could offer them to some of the guys, I know we have some uk guys here.

Get the V1x's. The extra 10-15 yards over the V1 makes up for them seeming "harder" around the greens. And as Eat Golf said, the V1x does not balloon into the wind. It's an amazing ball.

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

tomba26 said:
If I can get a decent amount then I will help no probs. One thing to bear in mind is I am U.K based.

Hey Tomba

Welcome on board.

Where are you based? I live in Portstewart and work in Belfast. I'm all for cheap ProV1-xs, so would be interested in getting "in on a deal!"

I have been trying out the new ProV1-x. The groud is still relatively soft so I am loving it. If the ground starts to bake up (I play on links) then the x factor may have to be reconsidered.

I have also been playing the HX Tour this season which I also find a great ball, especially in the wind. It does tend to lose it's playablity after a round, certainly from an aesthetic point of view (assuming you keep it on the short stuff ;) )

IrishGolfer said:
Hey Tomba

Welcome on board.

Where are you based? I live in Portstewart and work in Belfast. I'm all for cheap ProV1-xs, so would be interested in getting "in on a deal!"

I have been trying out the new ProV1-x. The groud is still relatively soft so I am loving it. If the ground starts to bake up (I play on links) then the x factor may have to be reconsidered. ;)

I have also been playing the HX Tour this season which I also find a great ball, especially in the wind. It does tend to lose it's playablity after a round, certainly from an aesthetic point of view (assuming you keep it on the short stuff ;) )

Thanks for your info mate, I have tried a few balls but have not found one that performs all that well in the wind, it sound like the Pro V1x might be the one.
I live in England (Preston, Lancashire) but if I can get a deal on a larger amount of balls then I will let you know no probs - depends how willing my contact is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520