• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

question about my mizuno

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Reaction score
ok when i bought my mizunos it didnt say they were +1/2....but they were. will lets just say they are a tad to long and i have to choke down on the club to fet t to feel right....i hate doing this...so i want to cut them down to -1/2...my wrist to floor is 29 3/4..im 5'7"...how bad is this gonna affect the clubs?? i know that the swing weight point will go down...

Tungsten powder or a boat load of lead tape, either way you're good.

I think it's something like 6g head weight needed to offset every 1/2" from the butt end. Remember, meaure once and cut twice... ;)

yea i just put new grips on them...i guess ill keep choking down on the club

for 29.5 WTF, even cutting them down 1/2" sounds like they may still be longer than ideal

I'd definately cut them down, but look into how much

29.5? Do you live on a diet of bananas and other fruit you scrummage up in the trees?

With a WTF measurement of 29.5 you would be a fit for a 37 inch 5 iron. That is a full inch below the current mens standard.If your irons are currently 1/2 an over then you would need to lop of an inch and a half which would drop the swing weight by 18 points. You really are in a pickle here. When people need shorter clubs its always best to get heavier shafts as this gives you a better chance of getting a normal swing weight at the shorter length. You would still need to add weight to the head but not as much.
You may want to consider getting fitter and discussing the possibility of a custom set. This is always your best bet when you fall out of line with what is cinsidered "standard" spec.

ok i fig out whats wrong with that measurement....checked it agian..its 31" 1/4
....not standing completely will screw up measurements...im a idoit..... just getting them back to standard would be nice.....

If they are a 1/2 inch over just remove the grips and have them cut half an inch and re-grip. The swing weights will drop down to where they would be in a standard set. No harm, no foul.

29.5? Do you live on a diet of bananas and other fruit you scrummage up in the trees?

With a WTF measurement of 29.5 you would be a fit for a 37 inch 5 iron. That is a full inch below the current mens standard.

this is what I was thinking but didn't have the heart to say - didn't want to offend anyone - good stuff

Sweet...thanks guys...anyway i can save this grips??? they were just put on a month ago

if the grips were put on with air - it's a piece of cake - if you used solvent and tape - it varies

I've never successfully removed a Winn grip
I haven't had much luck with multi-compound golf prides - decades or DD2 either
I don't have one of those v-groove grip removers yet either though
like this V-GROOVE GRIP REMOVER

you can probably save you grips with one of these - what kind of grips are you playing?

they are lamkin dual density...they were like 5.50 each so id like to save them

they are lamkin dual density...they were like 5.50 each so id like to save them

Those are very hard to save if put on with tape and solvent. Unless the club guy has a solvent injection syringe its very unlikely they can be re-used.

i might just what until they need to be regripped....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520