• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ryder Cup early rants

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Reaction score
First off, who picked the US's rain suits? (Fugly)

And the British press, baiting Tiger and Phil, cudos to both of them for giving it right back, :)

And bashing Pavin for bringing in a Major in the military to motivate the team? I wish the USA team would come out the 1st day in camouflage, lol

Some rare looking individuals in those photos! Hot to trot? Mrs. Kaymer!

i'm tweeting with a couple guys either in or near Newport. they say rain, rain and more rain, all weekend. this other fellow i know, who is in Scotland, said to me:

ray_matthew @ @Shottalk : be wetter than Jenna Jamieson!
haha!

as far as those pics go, look what Rory's playing with.

I'd say Jimenez and Donald did alright for themselves, Rory though-not to impressed. Ross Fisher's girl looks to be wearing the drapes from my living room. Edorado made out all right as well...very nice. Oh and who the hell is Peter Hanson?

[rant] Took the day off from work to watch this thing.......grumble, grumble, grumble [/rant]

[rant] Took the day off from work to watch this thing.......grumble, grumble, grumble [/rant]

Aye likewise. Martin Kaymer made me chuckle though. When asked how are the players entertaining themselves, he replied that some of them were playing Tiger Woods 2011 on the playstation, and Luke Donald was playing with himself!

Just watched the director in a short interview.. sounded like 3pm (BST) start was a best case scenario. What time does it get dark over there..anyone know?

Just watched the director in a short interview.. sounded like 3pm (BST) start was a best case scenario. What time does it get dark over there..anyone know?

It's getting dark up north now! If the weather stays like this it could be dark by 7pm

this is from the opening ceremonies at the Ryder Cup. the woman is an opera singer. Tiger is.....Tiger.
tigerstare.jpg

also, as predicted, wet, wet, wet. i'm talking about the weather now btw.

the US team's outerwear appears to be complete failure. not so waterproof to put it politely. Pavin said he's "dissappointed" in the performance of the clothing. even the gear bags can't be put down on the wet ground.

i'm tweeting with a couple guys either in or near Newport. they say rain, rain and more rain, all weekend. this other fellow i know, who is in Scotland, said to me:

haha!

as far as those pics go, look what Rory's playing with.

She looks pregnant in that pic. Doesn't matter, she looks like fun!

Jim, you need to get your eyes checked.

Some rare looking individuals in those photos! Hot to trot? Mrs. Kaymer!

If my google search is correct, his girl is from my neck of the woods in St. Louis!

also, as predicted, wet, wet, wet. i'm talking about the weather now btw.

the US team's outerwear appears to be complete failure. not so waterproof to put it politely. Pavin said he's "dissappointed" in the performance of the clothing. even the gear bags can't be put down on the wet ground.

Not only the clothing, but the US players/caddies are complaining about the bags, and how the leather is absorbing all the water...making everything inside the bags wet. Interesting story from Yahoo, we (USA team) had to go buy rain gear from the club house. Sounds like Monty was much better prepared for this type of a scenario than Pavin was.

Click for story

Edit: Good news. ESPN just announced that play will resume @ noon Eastern time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520