• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Satisfied with what you have?

Nice!

This is what was in the box.
DSC00050.JPG
DSC00052.JPG
DSC00053.JPG
DSC00056.JPG

So I guess after all the only thing I was totally satisfied with the irons. I didn't really have a problem per se before, but I felt like I had the potential to do better in certain areas. The buying I did do had as much to do with restructuring as anything. I went from 54*/60* to 52/56/60. I'm dropping my 3i in favor of a 3h and getting rid of a 2h in favor of a 4w. The driver I just bought because I got a pretty good friggin deal on it and when I hit one on a launch monitor I was more than pleased with the #'s.

Very good looking bag set up Nute.

Very good looking bag set up Nute.
Thank you. I was much more selective this time. I've perpetually been trying to build the right setup since i've known anything about clubs. At times I bought shit just to buy shit or because it was cheap though. To an extent I still and will always consider price, but I thought more about where in my bag was lacking and i've been scouring for some time to find the right things. I can honestly say I really like those Nike clubs. I remember liking them when they were still on the racks a few years back. I saw them at the golf expo and they looked even better than I remember. The cheap price tag was a bonus.

I can't wait to play them. I really intend to keep them around a while and get to know them well.

What shaft did you get in that Cally driver nut? I swung the R1 and hated it. Felt like a hunk of cement on the end of the shaft (with all the adjustment gizmo). I've narrowed it down to the (light like my Superfast) Rbz version 2 or the Cally you bought. Got to get on a monitor and compare to my Burner Superfast 2.0 before switching. Have had too good of luck with that TM.

What shaft did you get in that Cally driver nut? I swung the R1 and hated it. Felt like a hunk of cement on the end of the shaft (with all the adjustment gizmo). I've narrowed it down to the (light like my Superfast) Rbz version 2 or the Cally you bought. Got to get on a monitor and compare to my Burner Superfast 2.0 before switching. Have had too good of luck with that TM.
It's the Aldila Trinity. It also comes with a Matrix Ozik Black Tie 7m3 as a stock option w/no upcharge. That shaft is tip stiff, low launch and spin. I had great #'s with the club I got. If I had to guess by knowing you I would say you will like the TM better.

hey gerr, I hit the Rocket balls stage 2 yesterday, I really like it, but I can get the R11S for the same price. Don't know what to do. I'm still thinking of reshafting the Nike VR Pro I got from your brother. He said he sold his superfast 2.0

Nut, how you liking those wedges so far?

Nut, how you liking those wedges so far?
Mostly i've gotten to chip around with them in the house and recently in the back yard. I did take some full swings with the 52 and 56 at the range, mostly the 52. I love love love the look of them, They have a slightly rounded leading edge. Not like the harmonized, but just right to me. I got them regripped them with GP Tour Wraps Midsize and chipping feels awesome with them because the larger soft and tacky grips are really relaxing on the hands. They setup real square with no offset and they are milled across the entire face. I can't tell you exactly why, but for me they inspire confidence a lot more than the TM's I had. I can hit them sky high or knock em down pretty easily. I really couldn't be happier with my wedge situation. Especially since I spent $150 shipped and regripped on all three. I had swung them before, but at the time they were brand new and still expensive. I knew I liked them, but waited till I could get them on the low to pull the trigger.

hey gerr, I hit the Rocket balls stage 2 yesterday, I really like it, but I can get the R11S for the same price. Don't know what to do. I'm still thinking of reshafting the Nike VR Pro I got from your brother. He said he sold his superfast 2.0

jhmeg2

The R1 is awesome in regard to adjustability (compared to the R11S). The RBZ stage 2 has a very light shaft and the swingweight is D6 (tour is D4). That's why I went with it. Similar to the Burner 2.0. The R1 has a lighter shaft then the R11S. Something to consider. I've got the Burner 2.0 if you want to try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520