• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shot of "06"

Small, friendly tournament. 2 man scramble.

My group was the last group to finish. Some from the other groups came to the 18th tee box to watch us hit our tee shots since they were done.

Found out me & my partner needed to birdie the hole to tie the leader. It was a short par 3. My partner gets up there and leaves it short and left of the green.

I took out a wedge & envisioned exactly how I wanted to hit the shot. I hit the exacts spot on the green that I was aiming for and the ball funneled down 3 inches from the hole. Sweet birdie.

It was just the shot that sticks in my mind because it came when I needed it & I just executed it really well.

Then i hook my tee shot way left near OB (not even 2 ft in bounds), then hook my 2nd shot (had to go for the green to have a shot at this point and i knew it) WAYYY LEFT *OVER* the OB, onto the first tee about 30 yards left of the green.

How do you go "over" the OB? I've never seen such a scenario.

Sometimes there are things like internal OB, or OB that spikes in like a sort of penninsula.

Mine has to be the drive I hit on the 18th hole of our clubs match play championship final. We were all square, and I was hitting first. I was shaking, and I barely remember hitting the shot. It was the longest drive I hit all year. A roughly 305 yard bomb, into the wind,right down the middle of the fairway. Pure adrenaline.

mine was a holed 95 yard sw for eagle.
ball slightly below my feet in a small breeze. took a smooth swing started out 3-4 yards right , driftedback to the pin, took two bounces, checked up and dropped slowly.

Mine has to be the drive I hit on the 18th hole of our clubs match play championship final. We were all square, and I was hitting first. I was shaking, and I barely remember hitting the shot. It was the longest drive I hit all year. A roughly 305 yard bomb, into the wind,right down the middle of the fairway. Pure adrenaline.
I would assume you won the match? :)

Last day I played this fall my partner and I were forced too pair up with another 2 some and on the first green I was about 15 yds short one of the guys from the other 2 some was next to me but about 13 yds short he looked over and said 1000 dollars closest too the pin!!!!...I looked him square in the eyes and said you got the money? He said, I can get it.... I went first...chipped it on and rolled about 15 ft to about 5 inches from the pin!!!
He says you know I was just kidding don't you....I didn't say a word and grabbed my putter and thought too myself....I sure pulled that one out of my shorts!!!!!...But it felt great to do it...

Last day I played this fall my partner and I were forced too pair up with another 2 some and on the first green I was about 15 yds short one of the guys from the other 2 some was next to me but about 13 yds short he looked over and said 1000 dollars closest too the pin!!!!...I looked him square in the eyes and said you got the money? He said, I can get it.... I went first...chipped it on and rolled about 15 ft to about 5 inches from the pin!!!
He says you know I was just kidding don't you....I didn't say a word and grabbed my putter and thought too myself....I sure pulled that one out of my shorts!!!!!...But it felt great to do it...
Haha, good story!

great chip shot

Chip shots that go in are no more "lucky" than any other sweet shot....

Mine was a 150 yard par three, approach long and off the back fringe, pin all the way up front, took out my chipper club (one of my favorite clubs in the bag), saw the line, made the swing and watched it run about 20 feet right into the cup for a birdie (a very rare occurance for me !)

Eagled a short par 5, 4 iron in, 30 footer. Nothing spectacular except that I was playing with my father-in-law and he's never really seen me play well, so I was happy sneak that one in while he was watching. :)

Recorded my first Ace Christmas eve morning (Posted in other thread), I will likely put this above what I already mentioned earlier. :)

When you get an ace you can't tell enough people.

When you get an ace you can't tell enough people.
I think my initial comment to my friend on the way down to the hole was: "That is going to cost me". I know all the people in the bar afterwards were very happy for me! :D It was all worthwhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520