• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

snake eyes irons

solarbear88

Reaction score
First post here. :)

Would love to buy myself a new set of irons. I am very impressed with the looks and reviews of Snake Eyes stuff.

Anyone be able to tell me whether the new Viper 15-5 irons are as forgiving as the older Python (not OS)?

Anyone played them and have any thoughts on whether they would be suitable for someone off about 20?

I haven't played snake eyes, but want to welcome you aboard.

And run up my post count.

First post here. :)

Would love to buy myself a new set of irons. I am very impressed with the looks and reviews of Snake Eyes stuff.

Anyone be able to tell me whether the new Viper 15-5 irons are as forgiving as the older Python (not OS)?

Anyone played them and have any thoughts on whether they would be suitable for someone off about 20?

The new Viper's were only just recently released (if I recall correctly, within the last month) so there probably are not a lot of sets out there yet. Just judging by the specs and design, the Pythons are probably more forgiving than the new Vipers. Tradionally, the Viper line has been aimed at low to mid handicappers where the Python line has been aimed at mid to high handicappers.

I have been playing Golfsmith and Snake Eyes equipment for over 10 years now and never had a quality issue. If you get a chance, go hit a few of the irons at a local Golfsmith or clubmaker that offers the clubs and see what works best for your game. If thats not possible, order up a couple of 7 irons and compare them at your local range before you make the purchase decision.

Welcome to Shottalk :)

Not sure about the new snake eyes stuff but those TC1 irons from 10 years ago were awesome.

Unfortunately, there is no golfsmith here in Australia :(. And the pros who stock snake eyes, seldom carry much to demo, not to mention they are few and far between. So walking in and testing one out is pretty much impossible. Was thinking of ordering a set from the states and having them shipped... its about 1/2-1/3 of the price of buying them over here.

Risky? Well, at the worst, the irons are cheaper than the heads are over here, so I guess the heads could be reused if not put together right. Or they could be sold for a slight loss on ebay.

I find all of Golfsmiths stuff to be big time ugly. The limited stuff I have tried seemed quite nice, but I would choose the Matly products far ahead of the golfsmith. Again, however, lefties just dont seem to exist in the component world.

I find all of Golfsmiths stuff to be big time ugly. The limited stuff I have tried seemed quite nice, but I would choose the Matly products far ahead of the golfsmith. Again, however, lefties just dont seem to exist in the component world.

Really? I think most of the golfworks irons 'look' like they came from Kmart - keep in mind I do beleive they are good clubs merely commenting on the appearance - with a few exceptions.

Some of the golfsmith designs are a bit glary, but their forged irons series is particularly pretty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300