• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Srixon Z-URS

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Constuction: 3-piece. 330 dimples.

Designed for: 80+mph swing speed, low driver spin, high-trajectory, mid-soft feel. (The Z-UR is made for 90+mph swings).

I tried these based on a recommendation. I've been playing the Black Max, and found the Srixon's to be very similar. Maybe a bit longer, overall, but very similar in terms of trajectory and feel. The Srixons cost $40, while the Black Max cost $30. I'm going to try the Srixon AD-333, which is a slightly lower-compression 2-piece ball. I found one on the course and was smacking the bejeezus out of it. And it's only $20. If I don't like them, I'll stick with the Black Max, which is a great ball, IMHO.

I found an AD-333 on the course, too, and I really liked it. Too bad it decided to commit suicide by drowning.

I would, for 40 dollars why not just get some ProVs or ONEs?

I tried the ProV1 for a while, and hit it OK, but I don't have the swing speed to use it properly. By that I mean I gained about 20 yards with my driver, and 10 yards with my irons, by switching to the Black Max. I also wasn't spinning the ProV1 very well. I hate the super-low-compression balls like the Noodle. So a mid-compression ball like the Black Max works well for me. I tried the Z-URS and liked it - just not enough to justify the extra $$$. If I was playing a ProV1 and wanted to try something new, I'd play the Z-UR.

I found an AD-333 on the course, too, and I really liked it. Too bad it decided to commit suicide by drowning.

Bastard! Oh well, there are millions of it's brothers, neatly stacked in $20 boxes of twelve, just waiting to join it.

:) Callaway HX Tour is the best I've found. Even better then the ProV1 (for me). I've got to try these other balls mentioned here. Other ball I like is the HX Hot. Very long.

The AD-333 is a very nice ball, even more so at the price. Unfortunately, I was going through a rough patch when I was trying them so they didn't last long.

The HX Hot is a great recommendation; very nice ball. I recently decided to give it a try as I needed to buy balls and my local Golfsmith had the HX Hot logo overruns for $17/dz. I've been very pleased so far, especially with its performance off the wedges.

While my preferred ball is still the NXT Tour, it isn't $8 more per dozen preferred. Until the logo overrun bin gets filled with something else the HX Hot is my ball. An added bonus to the logo overruns is that it is really easy to identify the ball!

Yeah, I guess if the ProV doesn't work for you.

Have you ever tried Bridgestones? The HX Tour? I was a skeptic about the HX Tour but I hit my longest drive to date with it, which wasn't in my "Naysayers" post because I don't need any more goading from WBL, :D

Yeah, I guess if the ProV doesn't work for you.

Have you ever tried Bridgestones? The HX Tour? I was a skeptic about the HX Tour but I hit my longest drive to date with it, which wasn't in my "Naysayers" post because I don't need any more goading from WBL, :D

I haven't tried the Bridgestones yet. Aren't they pretty pricy? I'm really trying to stay in the $20-$25 range. I never warmed up to any of the HX balls. I know they're good balls, but for the money? I just don't think I can take advantage of their performance. Maybe the HX Hot - I'll give that one a shot.

Oddly enough, one of the balls that made me say "oh wow, this is a great ball" was some Pinnacle (I think it was the Gold - Soft. I found one on the course, played it, and said "oh wow, this is a great ball." I'm going to try a dozen of them soon.

I have been playing the bridgestone e6 . 24.99 a box or free if you buy a set of clubs. Very easy to work with.

The Pro v1x just seems like such a "nervous" ball. I havent had a good distance shot yet with one of them. Maybe its just me thinking I better smash it becuase there the "best"?

The bridgestone just seems so easy to fade and finess.

Take my advice with a grain of salt though...:)

JEFF4i

You will learn someday grasshopper!! (goad! goad!) :D

You will learn someday grasshopper!! (goad! goad!) :D

Case and point.

Actually Eracer, there was this charity thing, give 5 bucks, and if you hit the green in one(par 3) you get a free sleeve of balls. I tried out the Bridgestones for kicks, didn't like em, so I gave em to pops.

It's hard to beat the Top Flite Strata TL-Tours (3-piece, urethane cover, not too soft or hard) closed out at Golfsmith for $11.99/doz. They are very long and stop on a dime. The only down side is the logo which is the same logo at the XL rocks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?