• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

swing speed vrs how much distance you get

HAHAHAHA NICE!!

WhenI hit my driver I use a silver glove and grab my nutts. Then I procede to breakdance and moon walk!

haha i guess i could no reason i cant i got a camera phone i meet with my coach tommorow so if he has a radar i will haha ive seen that infomertial no i do not yell poww lol my friends say i have alittle grunt i dont think i do though

snwbdry1 said:
haha i guess i could no reason i cant i got a camera phone i meet with my coach tommorow so if he has a radar i will haha ive seen that infomertial no i do not yell poww lol my friends say i have alittle grunt i dont think i do though

I am guessing the home schooling didn't include too many grammar or spelling classes.

Mebbe we can get Teh Master or Ben to translate?

I know how to spell.Look at the time of the post,I had school all day and basketball practice.Do you think I am going to use my time for correct grammar at that time of night.After all of that, I am going to type what i need to get typed as fast as possible.And anyone with a decent intellectual capacity could figure out what was being said in the statement.

If any of you in here want to learn how to make a fundamentally sound swing I will tell you it is very simple.Start with the grip , stance , and ball position.The grip is very simple take your left hand and point the V on your hand at your right shoulder,then take your right hand and interlock your pinky and left index finger and point the V towards your right shoulder also.The interlock grip is the most effective grip it connects your arms together better.The stance is a shoulder with stance toes pointed slightly outwards.When you setup to the ball there should be a slight bend in the knees and a bend from the hips and you let your arms hang down in a relaxed position.The ball position vary's on the person and there swing arc,the ball placement should be where the club come's closest to the ground.After you have this down you can start learning and understand how the swing works .If you don,t completely understand it you will never master it because you will not know what to practice and how to practice it.Practicing something you do not understand how you do it means you do not know what to practice there for never improving.After you line up correctly to the ball you must work on your takeaway it is the most important part of the full swing,if you take it away wrong you will not make a good swing unless you can adjust for it but to rely on your reflexes is far less efficient then just doing it how it is supossed to be done.The take away should be straight back with no wrist break a pendulum motion based from the middle of your chest.Then comes the wrist break a proper wrist break is making a 90 degree angle between your arm and the given club.The ideal is to make a slow wrist break to make sure you get the width on the back swing.Once your wrist is cocked you make your turn.Make sure you keep your spine angle as you turn and the ideal is to get a driver parallel with the ground,irons -wedges a little less for increased accuracy.The downswing is the opposite of the back swing.Start the downswing with the turn back to the ball but it is important to keep the spine angle as you turn.The most common effect of not keeping your spine angle is the slice.Next is the uncocking of your wrists it should be delayed as much as possible for maximum clubhead speed.But when you return to the ball the key to a accurate shot is your palm as you put it on the club to be facing your given target.The follow through is an unwiding of your swing keep it on plane is optimal.And if you want to impress people try making a C with your back when you finish the follow through.If you do everything said in this post correctly you will hit very accurate shots and gain distance most likely.

snwbdry1 said:
The interlock grip is the most effective grip it connects your arms together better.

No grip is more effective than the other, (interlock, overlap, 10 finger) as long the three are gripped properly. Most teaching pros or books that you will read will tell you that.

When i was talking about the arms being connected together it is at the tip of your swing when your wrists are hinged.If you have a 10 finger grip it is very easy for your right hand to separate from your left on the downswing creating a bad plane on the downswing into follow through.Same as the over lap grip it promotes a out to in motion on the downswing.If you can use them correctly and not make those mastakes they are equally effective but it has those flaws to them.

SNWBDRY1

NO offence,but this is a bbs full of golfers,and everything you just posted can be found in any golf book,you have just spent ages typing the fundamentals of golf.And as for the 'downswing is the opposite of the backswing',well I never,I might make plus one next season,thanks for the tip:)

dave. said:
SNWBDRY1

NO offence,but this is a bbs full of golfers,and everything you just posted can be found in any golf book,you have just spent ages typing the fundamentals of golf.And as for the 'downswing is the opposite of the backswing',well I never,I might make plus one next season,thanks for the tip:)

Well said dave... except snwbrdy's input on the grip is inaccurate.

Leadbetter for instance teaches the overlap. Why would he do that, if the interlock was "the most effective"?

I've heard it all now. The interlock grip is most effective, give me a break, it is whatever you feel most comfortable using, im not even going to read what else you have posted.

Ronan rafferty used the baseball grip.I suspect our new friend is just a troll using c+p

dave. said:
.I suspect our new friend is just a troll using c+p

Yeah reading over it that is what it looks like a cut and paste job.

dave. said:
Ronan rafferty used the baseball grip.I suspect our new friend is just a troll using c+p

Please define troll, I am not familiar with this term.

Someone who just goes on a board to take the piss.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520