• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Teeing off in NE this weekend!!

ezra76

Reaction score
The weather forecast is looking real good for Sat. and Sun. Who's ready to start the season? I'm going to the range tomorrow and may play a practice round later in the week. Who wants to play? What day?

I'm down for this weekend. Where at? Shennecossett? I can do Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday of next week as well, and possibly this Friday. Let's see if we can find a course, i really wanna hit the links.

I'll play Fri. and Sat. or Sun. if you're up for it. I've never played Shennecosset before, I hope it's not too expensive. There is a course up in Smithfield RI I would like to play called Country View. I am eager to get some payback as my best ever there is a 99, but now I come armed with a draw, the right side is no longer in play. Was it you that cleared the golf section at Wal-Mart, I need some tees, I'll trade ProV 1's as I have 106 of them arriving this week. I'm going to try to lure my dad out of hibernation on Fri. with the "new" set of irons I got for him. I need a witness when I finally beat him for the first time.:)

Alright, we can figure out a date, but sat and sun are both fine by me, and friday afternoon is too. What time would you want to tee off. I have 22 50-ct bags of 3 1/4" tees, i'll bring a few for ya. What are the rates and Country View, and is it open? Shenne is something like 30 bucks IIRC, and i believe it's open as long as its playable. I'll try to call today. Let's do this, first golf practice is in like 2 weeks and i want to get a heads up. Warning: I tend to blow up when playing with new people, so we'll see what happens.

Saturday's looking good weather-wise, and i can do any time, so why don't we do it then. You can pick the course and time. I just wanna see if i can break 80 (shot 74 on a pretty tough course in FL 2 months ago, but it was after 2 or 3 really terrible rounds)

It's going to be beautiful this weekend. Good.

Courses will be busy. Not so good.

But it'll be nice to play a round in short sleeves, sun, a little breeze.

Down in SE Pennsylvania, so I'm not going to be trekking up that way. When I saw this thread and saw the excitement, it made me smile pondering the forecast for our weather down here, too.

The last few times I've played it's been rather chilly and windy.

I just got back from the range and a little par 3 action just to hit some off real grass. Drives looking real good, irons are so,so. I'll PM you my cell number. I 'll play Fri. afternoon if you want or definitely Sat. morning. Country Veiw is open and I think costs $20. I'll do Shennecosset if you want but their website said $41 on F,S,Sun. (I'm trying to keep my budget for golf at $200/month). If they are still under a winter rate then thats cool. I also was checking out Foster CC. It looked pretty good for the price and I think its like halfway between us. I'll check around too. Looks like Sat. is going to be the best day though weatherwise.

Yeah, i think Country View is better at $20. I get to play as a junior at Shenne, but actually now im remembering that their junior rate is only on weekdays. If Foster is open, i think that might be our best bet. Where is Country View? Im not really partial to anywhere, i just want to play golf. Saturday morning is better for me, so as long as it's $20 on Saturdays, im good. I dont know of anywhere else that's open except for Shenne around here, let me know what there is your way and i'll make sure i can swing it, but Foster would be excellent if it's open

I'll call up Country View tomorrow. I know they were open in March last year. If we do go there I can meet up with you somewhere since it is out in the sticks and a little difficult to find. I'll check on Foster too, I hear its a nice course. They have a membership for $995 weekdays, so if I really like it I may consider. I'm saving my big $ to play Newport National this year. I'd love to do Bethpage Black but I think I need really be on my game before I make that trip. No worries about blowing up. I've only broken 90 twice in midseason form.

alright, i'll see what i can dig up for courses around here that are open, hopefully we can find a cheap track to play on Saturday

Anyone else up for a round on Sat.? Last Call.

I'm good for whatever time you want. I dont know how far it is from CT, so i probably wouldnt want to go too early in the morning, preferably around 10:00 AM or later, but really i dont have a preference, see what you can get. Neal

I sent you a PM with the address of the course. They do not have tee times this time of year, it is 1st come 1st serve. I would prefer to play @ 10-10:30 also. Send me a PM if you got the one I sent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520