• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Teeing off in NE this weekend!!

I will drain every one from 12 ft. into a 32ounce cup before I go to bed. 28 Putts 2morrow. 101 to go.

Got a round in yesterday. Beautiful day in Pennsylvania. 93 with 32 putts. Still playing really well for this time of the year. I did have one of my best shots ever. 192 yards (measured with a range finder ) Par 3 with about a 250 foot drop off. Hideaway Hills, PA. Hit a 6i to 18 inches and made birdie. Couldn't have missed the pin by much, left and long on a draw. Ball mark was within a foot.

Putting greens were rough and bumpy, but I putted well. My driver cost me early, finished the back nine with a 44. This is starting to look like my best season in 3 years. Irons remained rock solid. LW cost me 2 strokes. Still learning when to resist using this club. I still had 4 pretty good shots with the LW, so it will not be coming out of my bag anytime soon.

Low Res Photo of the Par 3 taken just prior with my Palm

Just thought I'd rub it in for all you guys stuck behind your desks. I'm heading out around 10:30 to my newfound home course. 10 minutes from my house, discounted to $21.50 for residents and 3 par 5's on the back 9. I hope to have my handicap in single digits in no time here. It is rated 129/71.5 but is totally set up for my game. I may even inquire about joining a league there. Check it out http://www.triggs.us/index.htm

Lucky you, but even though I work today, mostly I'm happy that the weather forecast has improved a lot over the week. A couple of days ago I was worried it was going to be too cold, too windy, but now I think it'll be chilly but mild enough.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
Lucky you, but even though I work today, mostly I'm happy that the weather forecast has improved a lot over the week. A couple of days ago I was worried it was going to be too cold, too windy, but now I think it'll be chilly but mild enough.
Yeah, earlier in the week they were predicting snow today, and cold for the weekend. It has gotten better every day. The way it changes each day, tomorrow should be good golfing weather. Still waiting for the courses up here to open, April 1st is when most of them transition from Ski to Golf mentality. They call these mountains, which works makes for nice "mountain" golf with the elevation change, but for skiing the elevation is lower than Kansas. I find it kind of hard to consider these mountains after sitting at 14,400 feet in Rocky Mountain National Park and watching it snow in July.

I have school on Sat. and Sun. so I'm getting mine in today. Going down to get the long-johns out of the dryer right now.

27 degrees here today DAMN

FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
Got a round in yesterday. Beautiful day in Pennsylvania. 93 with 32 putts. Still playing really well for this time of the year. I did have one of my best shots ever. 192 yards (measured with a range finder ) Par 3 with about a 250 foot drop off. Hideaway Hills, PA. Hit a 6i to 18 inches and made birdie. Couldn't have missed the pin by much, left and long on a draw. Ball mark was within a foot.

Putting greens were rough and bumpy, but I putted well. My driver cost me early, finished the back nine with a 44. This is starting to look like my best season in 3 years. Irons remained rock solid. LW cost me 2 strokes. Still learning when to resist using this club. I still had 4 pretty good shots with the LW, so it will not be coming out of my bag anytime soon.

Low Res Photo of the Par 3 taken just prior with my Palm

Beautiful photo...it is uncanny how much your area resembles mine here...I can name 4-5 par 3's around here that resemble this one...glad you are playing well so early in the season. That course will be beautiful once it greens up...

Bravo said:
Beautiful photo...it is uncanny how much your area resembles mine here...I can name 4-5 par 3's around here that resemble this one...glad you are playing well so early in the season. That course will be beautiful once it greens up...
That is one of my favorite course, they also have a par 5 with a bigger drop off on the same course. Top left on this link is a picture from the tee box, a reasonable driver shot will clear those bunkers on the right. They also have an island green on a par 4 which is on the right in the link, and another uphill par 4 that is carved into a cliff on 3 sides that looks like a hole you would see on a postcard. One thing nice about the area is the elevation changes on holes. An absolute steal for around $40-50. It was $25 the other day for the winter rate. It is usually in fantastic shape, same as the photos. They have another par 3 with 1/2 the elevation.
http://www.hideawaygolf.com/golf.html You can click on the photos to enlarge

My home course has a par four with a similar drop that during the fall is the most beautiful hole I have ever seen. If you are ever in NE PA bring your clubs, the elevation changes are fantastic. You feel like you are out in the wilderness, and seeing deer and wild turkey around the tee boxes are common, I even saw a bear once. Thankfully Black Bear are docile.

Whew. 27 holes and I am whooped. If you take the best 18 out of 27, I may have broken 90. They had me start on the back 9 for some reason. 3 par 5's back there and I didn't get the driver warm until the front. I went through a period of about 10 straight shots that were absolute crap. This was pretty much the end of my scorecard. I like this course though and met some really nice guys to play with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520