• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Golf Channel hates Michele Wie?

Par7

Elite Hack
Reaction score
I am curious as to what she did to anger the golf channel writers.
They were advertising the next women's tournament when they say, "watch as michelle wie tries to sign her name into history"

It doesn't even sound right, and is a blatant stab at her. I'm not a fan of hers anyway, just kind of wierd to see a golf channel blasting some golfers.

Might be cause she got DQed from a tourney for not signing her card correctly? Something like that, but other than that I dunno...

Heh-heh. I hadn't even noticed that before.

I think that's hilarious. And I'm not even a Wie hater. I just appreciate sneaky humor.

EDIT: And to be accurate, I think the commercial says "... as she attempts to sign her name into the history books.", doesn't it?

Bah.

Somebody does something stupid, you point at them and laugh. It's not hatred or anger.

They were advertising the next women's tournament when they say, "watch as michelle wie tries to sign her name into history"

It doesn't even sound right, and is a blatant stab at her. I'm not a fan of hers anyway, just kind of wierd to see a golf channel blasting some golfers.

I didn't "read" it as a slam against MW, although some think any slam against MW is a good thing. :)

The Golf Channel's promo is for MW entering the PGA's Reno-Tahoe, where she will attempt to "make the cut" in a men's event. Major news in the golf worls if she can do it.

IMHO, MW is no Babe Zaharias, mostly due to a lack of experience and proper upbringing. As has been discussed ad nasuem, MW and her parents took the money first, before developing the skills necessary to win.

She tried to take a short cut and got lost. Maybe she should be playing with the men. :D

The Golf Channel's promo is for MW entering the PGA's Reno-Tahoe, where she will attempt to "make the cut" in a men's event. Major news in the golf worls if she can do it.

Exactly. It's not a slam at all - she is in fact trying to do something quite memorable. I'm curious to see what body part will hurt bad enough for her to drop out halfway through her Friday round when she's nowhere near making the cut.

Exactly. It's not a slam at all - she is in fact trying to do something quite memorable.

I think what he is referring to is the choice of the language "...sign her name..." in the commercial, as a subtle dig at her failure to sign her scorecard properly last week.

Why would they do that? It's simple, because it got you all talking about it, and now everyone on this thread is aware of the Golf Channel's upcoming broadcast. Some may even watch it. Mission accomplished.

If you are looking for honor in advertising, you will be looking for a very long time.

You screw up, people will make jokes about it. Especially when you continually make mistakes that you don't learn from.

I thought it was pretty funny.

I have to take any thing Golf Channel does as it being well, you know the Golf Channel. It was rubbing Wie's back when she was playing well and now that things have taken a turn for the worse, it seems to follow the consensus and kick her butt.

I really don't care what GC does but it is pretty "fair weather fan" of it to kick her now after licking her for as long as it did.

When and why did merely making the cut become news worthy?

Because no woman has made the cut on a PGA tour since Babe Zaharias in 1945.

Let me rephrase that. Who gives a shit?

Making the cut, regardless of where, or by who is not news worthy. Besides Michelle aint making no cut.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520