• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

Some people like dried out and tough though...nothing wrong with that.

images

This is the only kind of turkey that should be dried out and tough.

Wife sent me to the grocery store at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving eve. (She owes me big time!!) Parking lot and store packed. Everyone in a hurry and work just to dodge "idiot shoppers". Meet this "young lady" in one of the aisles. Should never have bad thoughts about someone who is noticeably way, way, way overweight. This young lady had evidently just gotten off work and stopped by to get groceries on the way home. The lettering on the front of her XXXL tee shirt says "ASK ME ABOUT FREE SHIPPING". Wow! The thoughts that went through my mind. I should be ashamed.........

Wife sent me to the grocery store at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving eve. (She owes me big time!!) Parking lot and store packed. Everyone in a hurry and work just to dodge "idiot shoppers". Meet this "young lady" in one of the aisles. Should never have bad thoughts about someone who is noticeably way, way, way overweight. This young lady had evidently just gotten off work and stopped by to get groceries on the way home. The lettering on the front of her XXXL tee shirt says "ASK ME ABOUT FREE SHIPPING". Wow! The thoughts that went through my mind. I should be ashamed.........

I think South Pacific natives still do whaling. Perhaps you could've asked if free shipping extended there ...

Aussie stockman and his wife had just got married and found a quiet hotel for their wedding night. The man approached the front desk and asked for a room. He said "We're on our honeymoon and we need a nice room, with a good strong bed". The clerk winked "You want the 'Bridal'?" The drover reflected on this for a moment and then replied "Nah, I reckon not. I'll just hold onto her ears until she gets used to it".

painting contractor was speaking with a woman about her job. In the first room, she said she would like a pale blue. The contractor wrote this down and went to the window, opened it, and yelled out "green side up!"

In the second room, she told the painter she would like it painted in a soft yellow. He wrote this on his pad, walked to the window, opened it, and yelled "green side up!" The lady was somewhat curious, but she said nothing.

In the third room, she said she would like it painted a warm rose colour. The painter wrote this down, walked to the window, opened it and yelled "green side up!"

The lady then asked him "Why do you keep yelling 'green side up'?" "I'm sorry" came the reply. "But I have a crew of blondes laying sod across the street.

Lost power at 10 a.m. this morning. Electricity came back on at 7 this evening. 9 hours out. Many in our area won't have power restored until tomorrow... if even then. Lots of highline and tree damage from the ice. Roads were extremely hazardous this past couple of days. Black ice.... sheet ice. Trucks jackknifed on I-70. Lots of roll-overs. Quite a few fatalities.
Wife and I spent the day reading. I slipped out for about half an hour to run to the library. When it got too dark to read... around 5 p.m... we went to the daughter's house a few blocks away. They never lost power. Entertained granddaughters and granddog.
How some of these growing families who depend on technology to keep their kids sane get through days like this must be a challenge. Us old folk get by just fine!!!!

Aussie stockman and his wife had just got married and found a quiet hotel for their wedding night. The man approached the front desk and asked for a room. He said "We're on our honeymoon and we need a nice room, with a good strong bed". The clerk winked "You want the 'Bridal'?" The drover reflected on this for a moment and then replied "Nah, I reckon not. I'll just hold onto her ears until she gets used to it".
the-world_s-top-10-best-images-of-laughing-horses-6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427