• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

Handed over the gavel, last night, ending my year as President of the Board at our golf club and my six year run on the Board of Directors. When I retired in '17 at 70 years old, said if I wanted to gripe and whine about anything...try to be part of the solution.
So, finally, fully retired at age 77!!! Now, rather than only 6 or 7 days/week on the course, maybe can make certain it's all 7 days!!!! Life is good!!!!
Interpretation:
"I am not really fully retired, just looking for the next time where I want to gripe and whine about anything" lol

I feel you pain brother. I said the same thing after being on the Board of our club, and then being President. Then a few years later I felt the need to want to "gripe and whine" that they never appointed a Handicap Chairman/Committee when they went from a Men and Women's Association (with separate Handicap Committees) to classify it under the responsibility of the Country Club, with no Handicap Chairman/Committe. So guess who volunteered. ;)

Interpretation:
"I am not really fully retired, just looking for the next time where I want to gripe and whine about anything" lol

I feel you pain brother. I said the same thing after being on the Board of our club, and then being President. Then a few years later I felt the need to want to "gripe and whine" that they never appointed a Handicap Chairman/Committee when they went from a Men and Women's Association (with separate Handicap Committees) to classify it under the responsibility of the Country Club, with no Handicap Chairman/Committe. So guess who volunteered. ;)
They talked me into staying on as Chair of the New Maintenance Facility Committee until it is finished and we host an open house in March. I started this project clear back in 2020 and am okay seeing it through.

They talked me into staying on as Chair of the New Maintenance Facility Committee until it is finished and we host an open house in March. I started this project clear back in 2020 and am okay seeing it through.
:)

When we first joined Shawnee in 2009, there was a Men and Women’s association under the Country Club. My 2nd-5th year, I was elected as Treasurer of the Men’s Association, and appointed as Handicap Chairman. Our 5th year, I ran for the Country Club Board and lost. The majority of our members had been there 25-75 years (yeah, we had 2 members of 75 years) I had made comments about the Bylaws, because they hadn't re-written them in about 20 years. They had one appointment per year, so they appointment me.

Of course, the first comment when I was on the Board was possibly re-writing the Bylaws. The President kinda looked over at me. I of course said I would be happy to Chair the committee to re-write the Bylaws. Which I did. Won a 3 year term the next year, the 3rd year of that term I was elected as President of the Country Club by the Board. Served one additional year.

After leaving as President and the Board, they did a major overhaul, and got rid of the Men’s and Women’s Associations. All under the Country Club now. They now have a larger membership, but a much younger group. I was asked by the President to revise the Bylaws twice since. I also mentioned that they did not have a Handicap Committee, so I volunteered to be the Handicap Chair, and was appointed by the current President .

As you know, it is a never ending journey as long as you still feel the need to provide feedback and are willing to spend the time to have a great Country Club.

You have pictures of your Grandma's pan? I'm interested in vintage pieces, would love to see it.
1703037835516.png

The handle has what appears to be a number 8. Or a letter B, or some symbol, I can't tell.

1703037877780.png

Here's the bottom, and the symbol looks more like a B.

1703037937564.png

There are no other discernable markings.

That's a nice 'Unmarked Wagner' and with the 'Made in USA' stamp it was probably cast somewhere mid 1960's.

Marking on top of the handle is the number 8 for the size of the pan. 8's are the most common size cast.

Very nice piece made even more great by the fact that your family has cooked on it for a long time! Thanks for posting those.

Yesterday Titleist sent me a birthday present. Free two day shipping on my next order.

😐

Wife and I met Henry Winkler last night. You will never find a more honest, genuine human being. An absolute sweetheart.

0JcZvaw.jpg
Everything I've seen or read about him has been positive! Wife and I spent an evening with Meredith Baxter-Birney during the time she was between hims and hers. Actually, she was down to earth and lots of fun to hang with.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but there's a PXG commercial and their "Chief Product Officer" talks about how easy the clubs are to hit. That's Brad Schweigert. I played HS golf against him in AZ. He was on our "big rival" team but he was always cool as hell and the funniest guy we knew back then. He and I may or may not have pulled some hotel shenanigans while on travel events. Good to see him still doing something with golf.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but there's a PXG commercial and their "Chief Product Officer" talks about how easy the clubs are to hit. That's Brad Schweigert. I played HS golf against him in AZ. He was on our "big rival" team but he was always cool as hell and the funniest guy we knew back then. He and I may or may not have pulled some hotel shenanigans while on travel events. Good to see him still doing something with golf.
Another connection: During that same time, one of my high school teammates went on to play at UNLV and was part of the 1998 NCAA championship team with Charley Hoffman.

The kid who won the Drive, Chip, & Putt for 14-15 year olds lives 15 minutes from me. I looked him up and he's a 0.6 cap.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520