• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

These have to be genuine, right?

6 days still left on them. They'll go for over $150 I'm guessing. Look to be in good shape.

R35

It looks like there is some "blueing" from pulling the shafts. Not going to affect anything other than aesthetics though (and correctable with blue-away).

I agree that they do look to be great shape. Definitely worth watching.

Disagree on the blueing being okay. Whoever pulled the shafts got them up to at least 500º F. and that's not good. It's called "blue embrittlement". :)

Looks legit to me.... seller has perfect feedback.

Disagree on the blueing being okay. Whoever pulled the shafts got them up to at least 500º F. and that's not good. It's called "blue embrittlement". :)

There you are Doc, if WBL telling you not to buy a set of Pings isn't a sign then I don't know what the hell would be..... :D

+1 on that. If I remember right wbl is a metallurgic engineer. That basically means that he knows what happens to the chemical makeup of metals at certain temperatures and how that can affect the metal's resistance to impact or pressure. He would also recognize by sight when such a change has occured in a metal. The root word brittle would desuade me from buying them.

Do yourself a favor and just get a set of Acer XP905 Pro (or the regular XP905s if you want offset and a slightly larger clubhead) and be done with it. $60 or so will get a great set of GI clubheads and they'll be brand new. Toss your favorite iron shafts in them and add your favorite grips and you're golden.

I'm tellin' ya, the XP905 heads from Hireko are really good. At the price they sell them they're a steal.

Thanks, wbl.

Even though I was hitting my Hogans well last night, I still have a hankering for some Pings, probably i10s.

I need a raise. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427