• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thomas Bjorn update...

Kilted Arab

Reaction score
Regarding the Scottish Open, this taken from the BBC website....

"Thomas Bjorn pulled out of the event just 40 minutes before he was due to tee off.
The Dane withdrew because of a neck injury and has been replaced by Yorkshire's Ben Mason. "

Obviously I don't want the guy to be injured, but I hope it's a genuine injury and he isn't just looking for excuses not to play...

Get it together, Tom...

Kilted Arab said:
Regarding the Scottish Open, this taken from the BBC website....

"Thomas Bjorn pulled out of the event just 40 minutes before he was due to tee off.
The Dane withdrew because of a neck injury and has been replaced by Yorkshire's Ben Mason. "

Obviously I don't want the guy to be injured, but I hope it's a genuine injury and he isn't just looking for excuses not to play...

Get it together, Tom...

Ya see Kilted this is what we were talkin about previously. If he had've dressed up his walkout in Ireland last year, as the recurrence of a (neck,wrist,back) injury, all's well and his withdrawal is accepted on it's merits. He comes out and sez he's going dolally, exposing his mental turmoil to an audience of players who will be only too willing to expolit it.

Now it seems that any instance like you've spoken of that arises, I start thinkin that he's starting to meltdown again, which is really what you don't want with The Open just around the corner - the event that was (allegedly) the cause of his mental undoing. I start wondering if he'll ever get his head together - he should really speak with Greg Norman and ask how he found the mental fortitiude to come back so many times from "Major" catastrophes ..

Cheers Dave

Dave Ireland said:
Ya see Kilted this is what we were talkin about previously. If he had've dressed up his walkout in Ireland last year, as the recurrence of a (neck,wrist,back) injury, all's well and his withdrawal is accepted on it's merits. He comes out and sez he's going dolally, exposing his mental turmoil to an audience of players who will be only too willing to expolit it.

Now it seems that any instance like you've spoken of that arises, I start thinkin that he's starting to meltdown again, which is really what you don't want with The Open just around the corner - the event that was (allegedly) the cause of his mental undoing. I start wondering if he'll ever get his head together - he should really speak with Greg Norman and ask how he found the mental fortitiude to come back so many times from "Major" catastrophes ..

Cheers Dave

It's a strange one...cos if he is aff his heid, then hiding it to save talking about the issue may only make it worse...he'd be "in denial" as our transatlantic cousins are fond of saying.

I reckon he'd be best taking a complete break for 6 months or so, get any necessary treatment and some R'n'R then start again. Not sure if talking to Norman is a great idea - he'd probably charge him.

I wish the fella all the best - he's linked to one of the courses up in Dubai and spends a lot of time out here...bit of an adopted local lad if you like.

Funny you should mention a complete break from golf, coz in his post walkout interviews here last year he said something similar. Only his concept of a complete break - was to keep playing in tourneys but dismissing how he played until the new season i.e this year. Doesn't seem to have worked. As you say he's a likeable sort, himself and Alex Cejka (sp?) were the first breakthrough golfers from non established nations on the european tour.

Speaking of bounce backs from mental/emotional problems, major kudos to your countryman Monty. He had a good run last week and seems to be holding up against in god's 2nd favourite golfing country this week. I haveta say that if I could ever bestow a major title on a non-winner it would be Monty. His golf for the 7 year stretch as top of the order of merit was some of the finest golf ever played - period.

I noted Monty's 2nd place finish last week as well. He will certainly be mentioned as a potential winner at The Open...

I've seen so many players get 12 months past a nasty divorce come on strong.

I heard they were calling him "George" in reference to George Clooney in "Ocean's 11". Hence the balls in the water and the score on the 17th.

LOL.... Give a dog a bad name.... just ask IG ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520