• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Training aids: For Swinging

titaniummd

Reaction score
Anyone have a good recommendation for Training aids to help swinging? Is the Medicus all that the infomercials 'hype it up' to be and more?

------
There are no shortcuts in life, just short drives like mine.

I have looked at alot of them, but I'm not sure thats where my problem lies. I would be more inclined to go for a lesson. I'm a working on the fundimentals of repeating the swing.

Lessons are always number 1.

Beyond that I actually didnt mind swinging the Momentus, if you have issues with hands, it does that and it weights about the same as two irons.

I think the Momentus is more to help you warm up than cure your swing faults.

The only swing trainer I've ever used was the Medicus 5 iron. It seemed to do really well to get me a good tempo for a swing. I had only played for about 6 months when I picked it up, but it taught me a lot about swing basics.

Once I took lessons, it changed everything! I would recommend skipping the swing trainer and going straight to a pro, unless you can borrow something from a friend. Get some drills from a pro, and if you are still interested in the swing trainer, ask him if there is a particular trainer he would recommend for your particular opportunities.

I fear getting caught up in the hype of a trainer, when it would cost less to get a lesson and put some more money toward upgrading equipment. I'm still new, so just my .02 cents.

The best for learning to release the club and to get rid of over the top move may well be The Whippy.

Doc what is the whippy?

Flexible

I think it has something to do with being flexible and bendy...the only reason I know that is because someone once described me as be a bit of whippy once! :D

smileyrose said:
I think it has something to do with being flexible and bendy...the only reason I know that is because someone once described me as be a bit of whippy once! :D

Soooo... was THIS the invite?

This is the Whippy.

smileyrose said:

How can a 350 lb plumber named hairy Dan be flexable?:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427