• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trying to decide between Mizuno and

cypressperch

Reaction score
Titleist irons. Hit six-iron demos of Mizuno 32, 60, and 67 and Titleist CB925 and MB925. I hit them all pretty good which is now making the whole process pretty confusing. The Mizuno clubs all felt amazingly alike though there are obvious differences in the heads. I guess I am happy that my swing works well with all of them, but we are always told that there is a perfect club out there awaiting us. Beginning to wonder about the way certain clubs are described by the companies that produce them and just how much difference "major innovations" really make. I am leaning towards the Mizuno 60 and the reason is the extra forgiveness these clubs are said to have, but it cannot be that much more. Strangely, none of these irons go as far as my 1976 Spalding Topflite Pro-Forged blades, but I am beginning to understand that these clubs have a smaller sweet spot as a result of being longer. Might just have them rechromed and re-grooved again. Today's woods are so much improved over the old stuff, but I am not sure I can say the same about today's irons. Any comments would be appreciated. Sincerely, Cypressperch

I have never heard of the Titleist irons you are talking about. Do you mean the 695 series, not 925?

Personally I prefer the Titleists, and play the 690cb's. Best irons I have ever played.

Thanks! It is 695MB and 695CB for the Titleist.

Lyle, have you hit any of the newer Titleists? Sounds like you too would have a difficult time switching to something that was suppose to be an "improvement". I guess the better you can strike the ball, the more difficult it might be to find a club that could actually be an improvement. Someone like Retief or Tiger might be able to switch clubs without much change. On the Titleist website you learn that some pro on their staff plays every iron that they produce. If some club were truly better, I would guess it would be played far more than the others. Seems that way with golf balls. Yes, I am confused, but it is not a painful confusion. Sincerely, Cypressperch

Well, in all honesty, before I bought Sling's 33s, I went out and demoed some as wlel as the 695MBs(which I was also looking at, at the time).

I like the feel of the Mizuno's more, the Titleists felt a bit harder than Mizzys, but that's more preference. Also the 32s are great clubs, no question.

It's a tough choice because they are both excellent club makers.

I am thinking of getting a new set and the 67's might well appeal to me. Want to get properly fitted in their Scottish National Fitting Centre. I am hitting the ball klass though, so not sure if I am wise or not to do that !! Was 2-under for nine holes there tonight and hitting the ball so, so good. Had an awesome eagle at our 4th hole with the 2nd and 3rd shots with my new 3-wood. Two 3-woods to 8/9 feet and rolled it in. Beauuuuuutiful !!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520