• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
You know god damn well you're searching Auto Trader as we speak.
tenor.gif

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
VERY happy after my first round!!!!
Took me a little time to find my grip and stance with them - my previous set, I was gripping down 3 inches almost. With these, I can take the whole club in my hand and it feels right. The irons played nicely - and the fairway woods open a whole new dimension in my game. I was swinging for greens 200 out, and getting close to putting it on, if not in the center of the green. The fairway woods I was using previously, I bought in 1985. Seriously. I've played with them all this time. These new woods felt fantastic - really exceeded my expectations. Driver and the woods are consistent in look and feel. I also have Taylor 3 and 4 rescue clubs - funny but I was hitting them better than usual today as well. So, wow I'm loving not gripping down so far, and the look and feel of a brand new set. Even the new bag is like - wow, when did they think of putting a cooler compartment in a golf bag? What a great idea. I had ice water all day, and a fresh sandwich at the turn. I also have a motorized cart for the bag. Remote or manual control. So I'm set for some golf. I played 4 rounds this week - got a senior pass - I can play every weekday.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
VERY happy after my first round!!!!
Took me a little time to find my grip and stance with them - my previous set, I was gripping down 3 inches almost. With these, I can take the whole club in my hand and it feels right. The irons played nicely - and the fairway woods open a whole new dimension in my game. I was swinging for greens 200 out, and getting close to putting it on, if not in the center of the green. The fairway woods I was using previously, I bought in 1985. Seriously. I've played with them all this time. These new woods felt fantastic - really exceeded my expectations. Driver and the woods are consistent in look and feel. I also have Taylor 3 and 4 rescue clubs - funny but I was hitting them better than usual today as well. So, wow I'm loving not gripping down so far, and the look and feel of a brand new set. Even the new bag is like - wow, when did they think of putting a cooler compartment in a golf bag? What a great idea. I had ice water all day, and a fresh sandwich at the turn. I also have a motorized cart for the bag. Remote or manual control. So I'm set for some golf. I played 4 rounds this week - got a senior pass - I can play every weekday.

So... can I give you my FIL’s info and you can talk him into an upgrade in his equipment as well. I feel you may have more success than I am currently LOL

Glad you are enjoying the new sticks, hope the honeymoon never ends!!

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
Did you see where I wrote above, I got everything new EXCEPT the putter?
Cancel that "except".
IMG_2464.jpg
Odyssey putter, lightly used, at a discount.

OKAY THE FOLLOWING IS MOSTLY FOR MEN, BUT YOU WOMEN CAN CERTAINLY READ THE FOLLOWING. Just letting you know, it's all about grades of motor oil and respective viscosity, as well as the type of shotgun ammo that's best for hunting wild turkeys. So, you'll probably want to just surf on from here.
Alright, about that 10W40 synthetic. You know, the viscosity of motor oil is highly dependent upon certain factors, such as engine heat, ambient heat, the age of the engine, the efficiency of the exhaust system, and the age of the oil itself.
What starts out as 10W40 can easily deteriorate, over time, to a much lower grade of motor oil!
Undoubtedly, synthetic motor oil (which as we know isn't really "synthetic" oil at all), has superior properties
23409 99 ASTM OIL STANDARD 89888004039 0456234523465464
and so on and so on and so on and so on
OK - err guys? Here is the real deal.
I'm 69 years old and I've been through 4-5 sets of golf clubs, and a couple of wives - well, I'm on my second (wife) and she's an absolute gem.
I've learned a few things in my numerous rounds, around the course and around the block.
Here's honestly, how I acquired this new set of clubs. Because I had a - not new - but perfectly good set of clubs already, that replaced the not new but perfectly good set of clubs I had before that.
OK here's how you get new clubs.
This won't work for everyone, but it worked for me.
Ladies - you still here? By now you aren't leaving, so if hubby tries this little sleight of hand, you can bean him with the nine iron he won't be replacing.

NOW FINALLY the point.
You want new clubs and a golf pass, here's how it's done:

First, make a good amount of money you neither need nor know what to do with.

(I didn't say this was going to be easy).

Next, suggest to wife that you're going to spend it on a motorcycle or a 180 gallon aquarium, but you haven't decided which one.

Next thing you know, she'll be suggesting you get new clubs and play more golf.

Works like a charm, every time.

Or, it did for me, anyway.

(this is intended as a humorous post, before you suggest I send some money to a charity (done), or you yourself (sorry) - but, it did happen this way)

Last edited:

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Did you see where I wrote above, I got everything new EXCEPT the putter?
Cancel that "except".
View attachment 32175
Odyssey putter, lightly used, at a discount.

OKAY THE FOLLOWING IS MOSTLY FOR MEN, BUT YOU WOMEN CAN CERTAINLY READ THE FOLLOWING. Just letting you know, it's all about grades of motor oil and respective viscosity, as well as the type of shotgun ammo that's best for hunting wild turkeys. So, you'll probably want to just surf on from here.
Alright, about that 10W40 synthetic. You know, the viscosity of motor oil is highly dependent upon certain factors, such as engine heat, ambient heat, the age of the engine, the efficiency of the exhaust system, and the age of the oil itself.
What starts out as 10W40 can easily deteriorate, over time, to a much lower grade of motor oil!
Undoubtedly, synthetic motor oil (which as we know isn't really "synthetic" oil at all), has superior properties
23409 99 ASTM OIL STANDARD 89888004039 0456234523465464
and so on and so on and so on and so on
OK - err guys? Here is the real deal.
I'm 69 years old and I've been through 4-5 sets of golf clubs, and a couple of wives - well, I'm on my second (wife) and she's an absolute gem.
I've learned a few things in my numerous rounds, around the course and around the block.
Here's honestly, how I acquired this new set of clubs. Because I had a - not new - but perfectly good set of clubs already, that replaced the not new but perfectly good set of clubs I had before that.
OK here's how you get new clubs.
This won't work for everyone, but it worked for me.
Ladies - you still here? By now you aren't leaving, so if hubby tries this little sleight of hand, you can bean him with the nine iron he won't be replacing.

NOW FINALLY the point.
You want new clubs and a golf pass, here's how it's done:

First, make a good amount of money you neither need nor know what to do with.

(I didn't say this was going to be easy).

Next, suggest to wife that you're going to spend it on a motorcycle or a 180 gallon aquarium, but you haven't decided which one.

Next thing you know, she'll be suggesting you get new clubs and play more golf.

Works like a charm, every time.

Or, it did for me, anyway.

(this is intended as a humorous post, before you suggest I send some money to a charity (done), or you yourself (sorry) - but, it did happen this way)

I was like.... "get on with it already"... lol. Worked like a charm

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Whats yalls opinions on how you choose a bag? I need a new staff bag. I usually get the bag of the irons or wedges im Gaming. The last bags were Cleveland, and a Srixon. Then I had a Titleist cart bag. Then my Veterans Golfers Association bags. I just picked up another Titleist cart bag from my county club (with logo), but it will probably end up in my office, not really liking how it plays. I'm gaming AP2s now, but probably going back to Mizuno Mp29s and Cleveland 588 wedges (maybe keep the Vokeys). Also, looking at selling the TS2 driver (if anyone is interested) and picking up the M6. So, do I do a mizuno bag, a Cleveland bag, or something else? I'm TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) certified, and a Mitchell golf certified builder, so I will be adding that to the bag. Let me hear what ya think!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Whats yalls opinions on how you choose a bag? I need a new staff bag. I usually get the bag of the irons or wedges im Gaming. The last bags were Cleveland, and a Srixon. Then I had a Titleist cart bag. Then my Veterans Golfers Association bags. I just picked up another Titleist cart bag from my county club (with logo), but it will probably end up in my office, not really liking how it plays. I'm gaming AP2s now, but probably going back to Mizuno Mp29s and Cleveland 588 wedges (maybe keep the Vokeys). Also, looking at selling the TS2 driver (if anyone is interested) and picking up the M6. So, do I do a mizuno bag, a Cleveland bag, or something else? I'm TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) certified, and a Mitchell golf certified builder, so I will be adding that to the bag. Let me hear what ya think!
Two Oaks had one of the top line TaylorMade bags. I really liked it. I think they sold it. Still like my D-130 though.

Supreme Cart Bag | TaylorMade Golf

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Today I ordered another set of steelfiber i95 shafts. Going to be pulling the 718 AP2s out of the bag, and re-re- building the MP29s. Also, might find a taylormade gapr low#3, to replace the 818 H2 3 hybrid. Also.... ordered an M6 driver. Didnt care what shaft was in it, going to pull my Graphite Design BB 6X out of the TS2. (TS2 for sale)

🔥 Latest posts