• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
War of the wedges lol

this week a Ben hogan 5 hybrid will arrive.
I have the 4 equivalent now, and when I do my part, it’s a great hybrid! It’s a tin cup special lol.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Kind of a buying thing... taking a lesson Saturday. Hoping it works out for a extended series of lessons. I’m determined to drop 10 + strokes by October.

that might sound like a lot, but I don’t think so.
I’m talking 110 to 100, 105 to 95 kind of thing

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Kind of a buying thing... taking a lesson Saturday. Hoping it works out for a extended series of lessons. I’m determined to drop 10 + strokes by October.

that might sound like a lot, but I don’t think so.
I’m talking 110 to 100, 105 to 95 kind of thing

Best of luck to you sir, it takes a lot of work and dedication, but its oh so worth it. Seeing the scores drop of the card is such a rewarding feeling no doubt!!

My one and only experience with lessons didn’t end well, mainly because the guy immediately told me to switch and play right handed. Lesson 1 and done, I’m a leftie and I will stay that way!! My parents meant well, but I wasted their money and never went back. In the words of Forrest Gump, “that’s all I got to say bout that!”

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Indeed I have in the past experienced the less than useful lesson.. this guy may be different, he is a school coach.

in other news it is back to wedge wars... haha, it is not the hybrid that’s arriving soon, but the 54 wedge! so much rain here though... be lucky to play Thursday, Friday or take the lesson this Saturday.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Just ordered ~200 graphite shafts for some "friends" in Europe. In that order is a wee batch for personal consumption. I need to pimp my hybrid and my putter. More details to follow when Mr UPS arrives later this week.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Not a durn thing! Did make some bag changes, however. Have "permanently" removed the iBlades and put the circa 1985 Eye 2's in. They've been in the bag for a week or so. They are just as good... or better... than the iBlades. Have scored well with them.
Over the years, have spent thousands on the golf addiction. Too many clubs to count. Always "needed" the newest and shiniest. How many times have I been paired with players far better than I who have a bag full of garage sale bargains? It's not what the clubs cost. It's how well they fit you, your game, and if you can build consistency with them.
So... I'm back to "old school". Golf trip coming up in a couple weeks. One of the guys will show up with a complete new bag of Pings... from driver through wedges and putter. He just spent ~$2,500 on new clubs. I'll show up with my $85 set of irons, an old Anser 4, and clean his clock!!!!

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
I put a 2006 Wilson Ci6 5iron in the bag and took out a 5 hybrid

I may play my Anser 2 putter eventually, so there’s a ping thing for ya lol

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Had seemed to fix my putting woes with an Anser 4. Ping's putters are longer than Odyssey per stated length. After watching Oostie this past weekend, he is using a longer putter and standing almost straight up. So, I epoxied a 2 1/2" extension in my Odyssey. Installed a Super Stroke 2.0 XL... extra long... grip. Worked really good this morning.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Interesting.. my Ping putter is also fairly long.
It just feels to light weight , is why I don’t use it

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts