• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I went for a relatively expensive lesson today. I went to see a Pro that my brother frequents, he highly recommended him. I must say, I was impressed. The guy was very professional, used video and Trackman, spent a bit of time watching me hit through the bag, asking me my objectives/ambitions etc. Once he had all the data we went through several drills in terms of set-up, ball position, takeaway etc. It took me a while but by the end of the session, I had transformed a nasty and inconsistent block / pull hook to a beautiful and consistent fade. It was useful to see the Trackman numbers to show swing path and club face angle. The numbers were compelling. We then spent some time on the before / after videos and he gave me a summary of what to work on. Once we finished it, he airdropped the lesson to me for my phone. I was impressed with the whole gig. Now off to the course to apply my newfound knowledge!!

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I went for a relatively expensive lesson today. I went to see a Pro that my brother frequents, he highly recommended him. I must say, I was impressed. The guy was very professional, used video and Trackman, spent a bit of time watching me hit through the bag, asking me my objectives/ambitions etc. Once he had all the data we went through several drills in terms of set-up, ball position, takeaway etc. It took me a while but by the end of the session, I had transformed a nasty and inconsistent block / pull hook to a beautiful and consistent fade. It was useful to see the Trackman numbers to show swing path and club face angle. The numbers were compelling. We then spent some time on the before / after videos and he gave me a summary of what to work on. Once we finished it, he airdropped the lesson to me for my phone. I was impressed with the whole gig. Now off to the course to apply my newfound knowledge!!
being able to see your swing and know what the flaws are and how to fix them is great. I have had great feedback since I started doing lessons with the equipment. It helps people realize what they are doing .

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
today, I realized or accepted I don't have the swing speed and power I used to. I've been playing a Tour AD BB 6x for a while. I have always had a really low ball flight, and I kind of liked it. But now that my swing speed is down to 107 and just not getting the distance anymore I figured I go to a higher launching shaft, so swapped in a Tour AD DI 60x. Well, it's still to boardy for me. Had a couple guys at The Shank Shack today, one had a Mizuno JPX850 driver with a Motore Speeder Stiff. So, naturaly I wanted to hit it. I was muuush'n the drives. I know I needed a softer shaft, and I did'nt have any in the shop that fit the bill, so... today I bought a new shaft. I feel like warbirdlover. lol But I know that I needed a little higher launch and some forgivness. Recently I decided to raise my launch angle too. To do this, I first changed ball position and primary angle (more shoulder tilt). Worked on it for a bit, and increased 1 or 2 degrees. Then changed driver settting +2*, and worked on it a bit. Then more ball position, and reset driver to 10.5*. Now I'm getting a bit higher launch but only getting 257 ish out of my driver total. Hit the softer Motore speeder shaft, launch is now about 12-14*, and getting 250 ish yds out of it carry. Yep, even as a pro I let my ego get the best of me saying " you still need that X flex shaft. You need to play the Tour AD shaft". Nah, I let the ego go and accepted the softer shaft. I few years ago I accepted I hit it better with a 44.5" driver. I don't need 47". What I needed was more ball speed and the softer shaft did it.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Santa brought me a putting mat for Christmas. I must have snuck onto the nice list last minute... Or just bought it myself. Just a 10’ mat, its nothing fancy. The app recommended on the box is kinda useless. I really like the almost 3D picture of the golf hole on it. Really helps visualize putting to a hole!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Santa brought me a putting mat for Christmas. I must have snuck onto the nice list last minute... Or just bought it myself. Just a 10’ mat, its nothing fancy. The app recommended on the box is kinda useless. I really like the almost 3D picture of the golf hole on it. Really helps visualize putting to a hole!
Santa brought me exactly what I deserved... NOTHING!!! Didn't even bring me new underwear. Might finally have to launder the ones I got last year. They are beginning to get pretty "scratchy" in spots. !

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Happy New year ST'ers! Hope you all are keeping well. One of my golfig [partners is a golf nut, he buys all the gear, frequently! Anyway he was looking to offload a bunch of stuff and I "volunteered" to help him. He handed me over a tour bag with 24 clubs in it: x4 drivers, x8 wedges, x2 putters, x4 hybrids, x4 fairways. And it's all good stuff. Ping G435, TM SIM, etc. So I'm busy right now trying to flog gear to all and everyone I meet. I have two unusual items:

TM Tour Arc1 putter - seem to be a Japanese Prototype. I can't find much on it.
Fisher F8 putter - with a rubberised face. Very unusual feel off this bad boy.

No sense on listing anything here, as shipping would prohibit costs. But fun to share my temporary collection.
1641375646186.png

1641375749271.png

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
today, I realized or accepted I don't have the swing speed and power I used to. I've been playing a Tour AD BB 6x for a while. I have always had a really low ball flight, and I kind of liked it. But now that my swing speed is down to 107 and just not getting the distance anymore I figured I go to a higher launching shaft, so swapped in a Tour AD DI 60x. Well, it's still to boardy for me. Had a couple guys at The Shank Shack today, one had a Mizuno JPX850 driver with a Motore Speeder Stiff. So, naturaly I wanted to hit it. I was muuush'n the drives. I know I needed a softer shaft, and I did'nt have any in the shop that fit the bill, so... today I bought a new shaft. I feel like warbirdlover. lol But I know that I needed a little higher launch and some forgivness. Recently I decided to raise my launch angle too. To do this, I first changed ball position and primary angle (more shoulder tilt). Worked on it for a bit, and increased 1 or 2 degrees. Then changed driver settting +2*, and worked on it a bit. Then more ball position, and reset driver to 10.5*. Now I'm getting a bit higher launch but only getting 257 ish out of my driver total. Hit the softer Motore speeder shaft, launch is now about 12-14*, and getting 250 ish yds out of it carry. Yep, even as a pro I let my ego get the best of me saying " you still need that X flex shaft. You need to play the Tour AD shaft". Nah, I let the ego go and accepted the softer shaft. I few years ago I accepted I hit it better with a 44.5" driver. I don't need 47". What I needed was more ball speed and the softer shaft did it.
Now you have to change your signature. :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Nothing.
But for a little while I was thinking how can I buy a racing go kart. Or more appropriately, “Kart” lol
Buy your own golf cart. Have a speed chip installed. "Player with the fastest cart has the best lie!!!" Beat 'em to where you ball went in the gunch or where it lies in a fairway divot and you can "fix" things before your competitors show up!!!!

😁 😁

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Over the past few months I have been making an effort to work some golf fitness into what little free time I do have while home. As a result I have purchased a tiny collection of fitness gear. Its nothing special; set of resistance bands, two kettlebells (10&20lbs,) 8lb medicine ball and 10lb slam ball. Plus my own body weight of course.

Being DAD to three kids under 5 is my normal 24/7 workout routine, unfortunately it really just wears you out!!! Haha. I’ve been trying these golf specific workouts 2-3 times a week, I’ve learned I can sneak away for usually 20-30 minutes, before someone comes looking for me. The thing that I find most useful is a lot of golf fitness benefits your regular life even more so. Strengthening your legs, hips, shoulders and back. All make chasing three kids way easier!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Over the past few months I have been making an effort to work some golf fitness into what little free time I do have while home. As a result I have purchased a tiny collection of fitness gear. Its nothing special; set of resistance bands, two kettlebells (10&20lbs,) 8lb medicine ball and 10lb slam ball. Plus my own body weight of course.

Being DAD to three kids under 5 is my normal 24/7 workout routine, unfortunately it really just wears you out!!! Haha. I’ve been trying these golf specific workouts 2-3 times a week, I’ve learned I can sneak away for usually 20-30 minutes, before someone comes looking for me. The thing that I find most useful is a lot of golf fitness benefits your regular life even more so. Strengthening your legs, hips, shoulders and back. All make chasing three kids way easier!
You won't remember a good round of golf or a bad round... when those kids are grown and have left the next. You WILL remember the good times with them. You will remember them chasing you around the home. Don't let golf... or anything... take priority over spending time with them.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
You won't remember a good round of golf or a bad round... when those kids are grown and have left the next. You WILL remember the good times with them. You will remember them chasing you around the home. Don't let golf... or anything... take priority over spending time with them.
It’s not really anything like that, they still are my number one priority. And will be for the foreseeable future. Just have found a little bit of boredom and maybe some cabin fever hanging around after two years of being at home full time. It’s by no means a complaint, just was looking for something to do for myself in that very little free time I am given. This was new, interesting and is a lot of fun. Being fun makes it easy to do. The kids even join in from time to time!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Cost of shipping (post office or others) is ridiculous. I ordered two $6 golf gloves and the cheapest shipping was more then the gloves. I mean how much does a golf glove or two weigh? You could ship them in an envelope! I thought the seller had to be scamming me.

🔥 Latest posts