• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Carnage... and retribution. Just over a week ago, I carded an even par 72. Didn't win a single dime from the geezers. Today... Did not feel well. No idea what the trouble was. Simply could not put a club on a ball. 47/43 for an even 90!!! Cannot remember how long it's been since I have carded a 90! But... won $1.25. Right partners at the right time.

Fallen off a cliff and can't climb out of the abyss. 85 today. Been in the mid to upper 80's for the past few days. Not making contact with the ball. Not seen the line on putts. Frustration is setting in. Know that these wacky times will hit and will end. Still, difficult to cope with.
Hey! Woke up. Played golf. Granddaughter brought me homemade cookies. Wife baked apple pie. Life is good.

A weekend of two halves. I played on Saturday in brutal conditions. Played 17 into the wind, a 450-yard par 4, hitting two drivers (really well) and a wedge. Played 18, coming back downwind, 470-yard par 4 hitting driver and 8 iron. Yes, that is how strong the wind was. I shot an 84. No-one broke par. The winner shot 35 points from a field of ~170 players. Here is a picture of our rough. BRUTAL.

Then I played last night in benign conditions around our Riverside shooting an even-par 68. 1 birdie, 1 bogey and 16 pars. I had 33 putts too. I hit 15 GIRs, my best ball-striking for some time. My putting wasn't bad, just nothing went in for me. On the 18th, it was playing into a setting sun. I couldn't see my tee-shot, but my son said it was heading right, close to an OB. We went down and looked around, with no joy. Remember, I needed a par to shoot EVEN par. I had all but given up on it, until the other member of our group, shouted over that the was a ball in the left semi, 60 yards from where we were looking. Turned out it was me!! I looked at my son and he gave me that teenage kid shrug thing. I managed to hit the green and give myself a look at birdie. I was happy to take a par. That's my best round since lock-down.

Going on 2 weeks without touching a club, possible pinched nerve in my back-sciatica. Worst pain I’ve felt in awhile, been laying on the floor mostly. Start PT soon, hoping to get back out this summer
:eek::(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427