• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Well, if it shuts down we could all join WRX and hit the ball 330 yards!!!
That's probably what's hurt ShotTalk. If you sign up for a number of other golf forums, you automatically are a scratch golfer, hit the ball 300+ yards, and have never missed a putt inside 20 feet. Belonging here is undoubtedly the reason I really stink at golf!!! It's all you guys' fault!!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣
Lost $2.00 last Saturday. One of the long time players in our group was whining he could never win any quarters. The grand poopah of our group told him he could have 1 stroke/hole on all except par 3's. He went out and carded 7 birdies. Talk about a stacked deck!!

Sunday, I stuck the Callaway Rogues back in the bag. They had been collecting dust and I'd been playing the Eye 2+ BeCu's. I caught fire. Won back the $2.00 on Sunday. Monday, won $1.25. Yesterday, $2.75. Today, broke even.

The guy who got 1 stroke/hole only plays 2 or 3 times/week. He can't tie his own shoes without his wife telling him to. Has to have coffee with some of her friends on Tuesday and Wednesday. Devout Catholic and goes to mass multiple times/week. Not a funeral in 200 miles they don't attend. Think there will be a discussion amongst the group before he gets that many strokes again!!

For what's it's worth I haven't been posting scores much this year as I'm 5 strokes higher this year. I suck.

Just as soon as I say that I'm hitting my driver as long as I have and everything else was good. 41 and 42 for 83. I played with a young guy named "Luke" and he hit them from the back tees as long as anyone I've ever played with. The rest of his game was also good. Today I'm happy.

Had a really rough few days. The ONLY thing that worked was the driver. Then... it went in the tank! The past two days, things have come back. Played lights out this morning. 4 birds. 3 bogeys. 1 under for a 71. At 76 years old, I'll take that!!!

It's been so hot down here! Supposed to mitigate the next few days. The humidity is unbelievable. About 4 yesterday afternoon, Topeka has 88 degrees F, but a heat index of 104. We've been getting done before the heat hits, but yesterday we were all totally wrung out at the end of our round. And, it was only 10 a.m.

Played 3 vs. 3 this morning. When we split into groups of 3, we fly!!! Tee off at 7 a.m. Walked in the front door back home at 9:40!!! 18 holes and drove back home in 2 hours 40 minutes!!!

The rough spot stayed with me longer than I wanted. So, today I stuck a different set of irons in the bag. Picked up a set of pristine Srixon ZX7's.

A while back had a combo set of Srixons. They went from ZX5 to ZX7 to Forged Blades. Felt good, but didn't last long in the bag. The ZX5's are middle of the line re forgiveness/feel. Never hit them before starting today's round. 4 birdies today. Back on the big money winning side. Won $1.00!!! 4 whole quarters!!! We'll see if they last beyond the honeymoon....

It's been beautiful up here. mid to high 70's during the day and windows open at night for 60's. Everythig in the bag is acting up. The only clubs working are the irons and putter. I'm about to go crazy and go on a buying spree. Could mean a divorce but I need clubs that work.

Nice cool morning. Nice rain overnight. Decent drive down #1, a par 5. Bombed a 3 hybrid to 71 yards. Hit a nice chip at the pin. Couldn't find my ball on the green. Thought it might have gone over. One of the guys looked in the hold and...EAGLE on #1. Was having a good round. Trouble began on #9. Parred #10. Hit a nice drive on #11. Got mad. Picked up my ball and went home!!! Some days I really dislike old people!!!

The old man in our group just turned 83. Spry. Ride his bicycle a few miles two or three times/week. Retired school superintendent. We were told before teeing off it would be cart on path today. Our fairways took a beating over the winter and this excess summer heat hasn't helped. The old coot does not like to follow rules.

On #9, he drove his cart out in the middle of the fairway. I just shook my head because I knew what was coming. I parred #10. #11 is one of the fairways we are really trying to limit traffic on. And, it doesn't drain well. Sure enough, he drives right out into the middle of the fairway. So, I just picked up my ball and went home.

His excuse is that he is careful where he drives. Well, he might be but if others think its okay they may drive out into the wet fairways and tear them up. Also, I'm on the Board. President of the Board this year. Puts me in a really difficult spot when one in my group does not follow the rules. Every member should accept the responsibility of taking care of the course. When they don't... and they are playing with a Board member... it sets a really bad example.

Will see what tomorrow brings. As I was headed to the cart shed, the GM stopped me asking if I was okay. He knew I had come in from the back 9, but hadn't come off 18. Told him why I was taking my toys and going home. He's had to get after the older gentleman before. Suggested we might have to suspend his membership for 30 days to get his attention. Sheesh! That would be a really difficult issue to handle within my regular group. Board meeting Tuesday night. I'll know tomorrow morning what transpired after I left. Could be an "interesting" day.

So, what happened?
They stayed on the path the remainder of the round. And, he's been really good about following cart rules since.

We had some bad winter kill in our fairways last winter. During the Board meeting, Grounds & Greens would like to keep carts off the fairways during the months of December/January. Told them it was their choice and if it will keep our fairways better... go for it! I haven't broken that news to my group. Will wait and hope they catch word of it from someone else! :>)

FINALLY. Had the first good round since the start of the summer. I had five pars in a row, then 3 bogeys and got a par on the end for a 39. Then shot a 38 (no birds and no double bogeys or worse) for a 77. Putting out of my mind. Kept the drives in the fairway and I'm a happy camper.

Heat's been tough, but had a nice round this morning. Birds on #1 and #2 and #4. Great start. Three birds and 1 bogey on the front. 2 under 34. Another bird and 2 bogeys on the back for a 37. Ended up with a 1 under 71. Best round for a long time.
Has two chip ins from off the green yesterday. Started with another for the bird on #1. Another on #13. Easier to score when you don't have to putt. :>)
Stayed with the Mini 1.5 on the front. Was hitting it good. Finally pulled the driver on #12. Used it the rest of the round. Must have been upset sitting in the bag because it came off the bench and performed.
Seems like these Srixons have been working pretty good. Our greens have not been really receptive. That's why I enjoyed the Eye 2's since the grooves would help hold the green. Supposedly, the irons have "progressive grooves". The shorter irons have grooves that grab. And, even with my feeble old game, they do!!!

FINALLY. Had the first good round since the start of the summer. I had five pars in a row, then 3 bogeys and got a par on the end for a 39. Then shot a 38 (no birds and no double bogeys or worse) for a 77. Putting out of my mind. Kept the drives in the fairway and I'm a happy camper.
Didn't you just have cataract surgery? Maybe that's helped your game. Of course, now when those shots do end up where you aim you can't say..."A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while." :>)

I had to play a match against my son at the weekend. It was a fourball match, a knock-out tournament at our club and this was the 3rd round. I wasn't terribly happy about playing against my son, especially as he was hitting it 60 yards past me! There was the usual pre-match trash-talking and the banter was good, but it got a bit heavy and emotional. At one point I was going to concede the game. But we talked it through and decided just to play it and enjoy it, whatever the outcome. Long story short, it was a good, close match (indexes 3,4,4,5). Like an assassin, I birdied 4 of the last 6 holes to squeeze the win. One of those birds was the most incredible lob shot chip-in from deep rough from a hill beside the green. It was surgical. Although annoyed at the time, my son did congratulate me afterward.

Didn't you just have cataract surgery? Maybe that's helped your game. Of course, now when those shots do end up where you aim you can't say..."A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while." :>)
Played Tuesday. Surgery Thursday. I'm seeing great in right eye with no glasses. Left eye surgery not until September 14tth so wearing eye patch on left eye. Can play again with my new Stealth2 driver next week Wednesday.

I had to play a match against my son at the weekend. It was a fourball match, a knock-out tournament at our club and this was the 3rd round. I wasn't terribly happy about playing against my son, especially as he was hitting it 60 yards past me! There was the usual pre-match trash-talking and the banter was good, but it got a bit heavy and emotional. At one point I was going to concede the game. But we talked it through and decided just to play it and enjoy it, whatever the outcome. Long story short, it was a good, close match (indexes 3,4,4,5). Like an assassin, I birdied 4 of the last 6 holes to squeeze the win. One of those birds was the most incredible lob shot chip-in from deep rough from a hill beside the green. It was surgical. Although annoyed at the time, my son did congratulate me afterward.
Good work old man.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420