• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

• I may break the images on the site including avatars, Please give me a hour or less I am trying to get all images hosted off server. If it looks broke that because I am working on it.

what did you shoot today?

The love/hate relationship with this game never ceases to amaze me. Playing bad the past few days. Didn't play yesterday due to handling some course business. Birdied #1 and the race was on this morning. 5 birdies!! Took $2.50 from the old farts!!! Didn't know old guys could whine that much!!!

Knew things were going too good. Beautiful weather, but terrible golf game this morning. Played 3 on 3. Neither group was playing to our regular ability. Between the 3 in my group, we had 5 bogey holes and 3 birds. +2!! Thought we'd lose a buck or two. The other group was 1 under. When the scores were read, we ended up owing them 50 cents each. One of their birds was on the same hole as one of our bogeys.
I couldn't stay down. Kept wanting to swing around myself like a merry-go-round. Just could not get through the ball. Hooks and pulls. But, out of our group's 3 birds, I had two of them. Was a Pennick day. "Don't let one bad shot turn into two or three." Made some great recovery shots.

And here's the Waushara CC club champ PZ or jhmeg2 as we know him here.

Attachments

• pz.jpg
    pz.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 23
Is there a derivative of golf that can be played where you don't have to putt?? If so, I'm in!!!!

A little better today. Driver wasn't quite as on as it had been, but still finding fairways. Finally made a few putts.

Tried to resign my position on the Board twice, yesterday! They won't accept my resignation! Played early. Meeting re the new building at 10:00. Home for a quick sandwich and back at 1:00 for another meeting. That mess lasted until almost 6:00 p.m.
Once home, email that the last Treasurer had messed up two years worth of our contributions towards employee health benefits. We have been grossly overpaying what the Board had voted to contribute 2 years ago. Now, if we drop our contribution to where it had been authorized, the 2 most valuable staff members will see their insurance costs almost double. So, we will need to come to some solution that appears feasible and work it through Finance Committee and Board over the next 2 weeks.
I hate my job!!! :>)

Yesterday morning birdied #1 and #2. Pars on 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Another bird on 8. Bogey on 9. 2 under on the front. Then, the bottom fell out. 5 over on the back!!! I hate golf!!!

Back to back 55’s on the front 9 at Vanderbilt CC in Florida. First time swinging a club since the accident on Father’s Day.

Met an immovable obstruction on my return to Florida on the 1st hole. 😄

IMG_3432.jpeg

Haven't golfed since Labor Day. Probably the longest break I have have taken from golf during a golf season. While the weather accounted for part of that, that was just a small part.

Not a bad thing. Just got back from Germany
1695759906067.png

Still playing almost every day. Weather has been awesome. But, we sure need some rain!!!

So, so front this morning. 39. Turned on the back. Birdied 10, 12, 15 and 17. One bogey. 2 under 34 on the back for a 1 over 73. Don't remember when I've had 4 birds in 9 holes.
Our greens have been super fast. New greenskeeper last year. He's a professional!!! Amazing upgrades to the course after a tough early 2022 and a rough winter. He's been rolling the greens every other day. Some days you have the "touch". Other days, you can't keep a ball anywhere near the hole. This morning I hit a streak where the putter seemed to understand just how to baby roll a putt to... and in...the hole.

Beautiful day with the high in the 80's. Friday and a university home football game tomorrow. Tee times were booked solid from the first morning time to 4:30 p.m.!!! Great to see that interest...and income...in October.

Headed to the closest pawn shop to unload ALL my golf clubs/equipment!! Wow! Have played some of the worst golf ever the past 3 or 4 times out. Honestly, nothing works. Driver, hybrids, irons, wedges, putter...all in the tank! Really in a slump.

Been cold playing, lately. High north winds and temps in the lower 40's. Too many clothes on. But, supposed to see 60's for a few days and maybe the club will warm up with the weather.

Was shut out from Thanksgiving to this past Sunday due to snow and cold weather. Course opened and we've played SMTW. Course playing pretty well. Fairways aren't frozen, yet. Greens a little damp, so very receptive. In the 60's tomorrow and early Friday. Then, bottom drops out again. Highs in the 40's. We'll still play most days.

If you're a fireman, you put out fires. If you're a golfer, you play golf.

Got perturbed at one of our guys, yesterday. Playing 3/3/3 with the 4 of us. He was my partner on 10, 11, 12. Tied after 10, 11 so needed a win on 12. Other 2 are in with pars. I'm in with a par. He had about a 3 footer for par. Had just got off his phone. (That's a no, no with us.) He knew we were upset, so just walked up and one-handed his putt. It missed and we lost the set. Cost me 50 cents!!!
Still had a burr under my collar this morning. I had a bird in the hole on 8. He had a short putt for a bird to no-blood me. Again, he one-handed it. His partner said, "You didn't even try!" He turned to me and asked, "Aren't you my partner?" I replied, "Nope! Guess you didn't pay attention." "Well, why didn't you tell me?" "Not on babysitting duty today!" Got my 50 cents back from yesterday. (Yes, we trash talk and bicker back and forth like old maids. Over the years, everyone brushes it off and we go at each other on the next hole!)

Had 5 today, so playing Wolf. By the time we got to 8, and the little issue above happened, I was already up on the group with marks. But, that sorta was karma and I caught fire! Ended up talking $4.25 from the codgers!!! I ended up with 8 marks. That means on 8 out of 18 holes either the partner I had on a specific hole or myself won the hole. And, most of those 8 marks were thanks to me.

Picked up a pristine set of Ping i25's for a song. Got them the day before Thanksgiving. Only 4 rounds and enjoying the honeymoon. Was sure a fun day today!!!

I had hip surgery in February. In October I decided to sign up for a strength and conditioning course with Mrs IG. We've been going for about 8 weeks now, which is x2 per week, 1-hour sessions. I've never done weights before, always worried that I would injure myself. But it's been great so far. Our PT has a structured approach, designing my program to help my golf and a separate program for my wife, but we can do it together. Can't say I'm 30 yards longer off the tee, but my hips/walking is a lot stronger. Hopefully, I'll see the benefits in 2024. Lots of bench pressing, squatting etc but also a lot of stretching. 35 years of working behind a desk has made me incredibly inflexible.

I had hip surgery in February. In October I decided to sign up for a strength and conditioning course with Mrs IG. We've been going for about 8 weeks now, which is x2 per week, 1-hour sessions. I've never done weights before, always worried that I would injure myself. But it's been great so far. Our PT has a structured approach, designing my program to help my golf and a separate program for my wife, but we can do it together. Can't say I'm 30 yards longer off the tee, but my hips/walking is a lot stronger. Hopefully, I'll see the benefits in 2024. Lots of bench pressing, squatting etc but also a lot of stretching. 35 years of working behind a desk has made me incredibly inflexible.
Good job!! Keep up the PT and you will be thankful you did!! "Inflexible"?? You ain't seen nothin' yet!! Wait until you get another 30 years on the body!!! 🤣 🤣

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420