• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is your 200 yard club?

Off the tee, a 4 iron = 70-80% success rate.
Off the deck, a 21º hybrid = 50-75% success rate.

I used to hate this distance also, but as my new swing becomes more natural, I'm pretty comfortable with it. But on the days I'm not feeling my swing is grooved, I'll sweat bullets over this distance.

Down Hill, Down Wind - 7 iron.
Up Hill, into the wind - 6 Iron.
Yes I do hit my irons with X100 shafts MILES ! ! ! ! !

(i wish)

My 4 iron have become best friends lately, so that's what I'm taking at 200 yards.

bounce - 3 iron
carry - probably a choked down 5w

Beginning last year was a perfect 7w Carry, now it is midway between a 7w and 4w carry and probably just long for 7w bounce. My new 7w seems to get very little of and is almost all carry and lines the tree tops, for which I first found pretty distracting by now I kinda like it since it still plays as long as my old 7w.

To carry 200 is a well hit 3 iron for me. Any miss at all and I am 5 yards short.

It's a 19* hybrid for me. I still have a gap between it and my 3w so it's either the 19* or nothing.

Nickent #3 (I'm not a long hitter with irons or hybrids). Two for two using it for 200 yard shots on to the green. One off a tee and one from the fairway. :)

3 Hybrid. Hit it and hope that I get it close.

Off the tee - 3 Wood

Fairway/rough - 3 hybrid (only because I can't hit my woods well except off the tee, probably won't quite get there)

Its hard to say...either a 5 iron or 4 iron. I haven't messured my distances all that well yet. I play in a cold damp climate, my dad hits his irons 1 club less then me most of the time and he was hitting his 5 iron 200 in Florida so I might be able to muscle a 6 iron, that would probably be overswinging though.

I also hate this yardage

I can hit my 4 iron and my 3 hybrid very similar distances. If I'm playing from the tee or fw I generally like to play my 4 iron from 200. Rough, crappy fw lies, or wind conditions I play the hybrid.

Also, I think for anyone around a 10 handicap it's best to think of 200 yards as a par 3. Get it up there close and try and get up and down for 3. It can take some pressure off and allow to play better golf. With this mentality, you would be surprised at how many chances for 2 you will have.

Its hard to say...either a 5 iron or 4 iron. I haven't messured my distances all that well yet. I play in a cold damp climate, my dad hits his irons 1 club less then me most of the time and he was hitting his 5 iron 200 in Florida so I might be able to muscle a 6 iron, that would probably be overswinging though.

That's pretty damn impressive dude, being a 1.7hcp and not even knowing your club distances all that well yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520